Dynamo Robot - Henk Gosses

SH MIKE

A Dutch guy called Henk gosses who's been collecting and making robots for years had made this prototype and was trying to get it manufactured. Apparently, either he had some luck, or somebody swiped his design, which would probably be fine with him too. I'm not sure why he doesn't post anymore. He had a huge amount of robot knowledge, and we all miss him. I wrote him a while back, but never got a reply.

Duxastrogirl - its a pitty, that HENK has not the time to take part at our talk. I know, that he is very busy since last year - must be a very big commission. He works mostly on special effects - design - art, and he is great manual worker too. He made this fantastic DYNAMO ROBOT from an old tea box !! He thought there is a laser robot, atom robot ... why don`t perform a Dynamo Robot ? ( the left one of course . . . is the right one a repop ... or is this the first of a bigger Dynamo - Production??)

He designed also a box in a fantastic 50th art :)

post-2-1096052203.jpg

Marvelous work!! Both the box and the robot. It's true it's very similar to the one sitting on the gumball car.

I think I heard about Henk but I'd never seen any of his designs. SH Mike where did you get the photo of the "repop"?? Is it a real robot in production?

As opposed to the glut of repros being produced-Henk Gosses created an original robot to be hopefully mass marketed by Schylling. His name is Dynamo Robot. Henk's creation is on the left. Up to just recently Schylling did not follow thru with production. I donn't know what the robot on the right is-Hopefully S.H. will fill us in.

DUX-On the search page to the left on ebay is a completed auction tab. Just click on it (you have to re-enter your password and user name and up come completed auctions. )I do not recall how many days back they show.

Those legs look familiar -- one of the cheap Chinese toys that hit within the last few years. Can't remember which at the moment. But it probably wouldn't be hard to take the torso from one toy and connect it to the legs of another, just for the heck of it.

Archived