Robot vehicle in Elk Days Parade

robothut

The lights were on, they flash randomly. They are thermal flash type bulbs so the ON time is very short and the OFF time very long. That also makes it hard to see in the over cast day light. I probably should have used a automotive flasher like I did for the tail lights, that way the ON and OFF times are about the same. The parade rout was about 2 miles long from staging area to the end at the Elk park. The people were scattered all along the rout, normaly on a sunny hot day they are all in the area the video and pictures were taken from but do too the rain they were closer to there cars and the shelters at the park. By the time I got the Robot back home I was surprised to see that the batterys were still in great shape, I still had 36 volts under load and the float chargers that I use to just keep the batterys fresh will be enough to top them off again.

John , I am sure it was a very fun day for you and your family....almost like riding in a Mardi Gras parade.....way cool and crongrats.....cheers Mark

Archived