Robot vehicle in Elk Days Parade

robothut

Here is a blurb I have sent out to the local TV stations. If any of you have a way to notify the AP wire or other news source that would be great. This should be fun, its this coming Saturday June 14 at 10 Am "if it does not rain". Just think if a leg falls off or I have an electrical fire or even a run away robot with blown motor controller this could be better that running in to a mail box with a large robot vehicle.

There will be a new Made in America “Spokane County” EV “Electric Vehicle” making is official debut June the 14th “10 AM” in the Elk Days Parade “Weather Permitting”. The vehicle is controlled by a 7 foot tall walking Robot.
A single test run was made last October for mechanical tests. The short test run can be seen on You Tube link
Build pictures can be found on the RobotHut web site. Here is a link. Or you can visit the Robothut web site and go to the Project book section and look for Target Earth Robot Rickshaw.
The Elk Days Parade is considered by many to be the best Family / Fun parade in the eastern WA. Lots of floats , old cars and candy for the kids. Its not to big and impersonal like most big city parades.

Good point Andy. I might even get arrested since I will be operating this vehicle on public roads and the sheriff will be there as he is part of the parade !

Here is a picture of the robot cart as of today, with rivets, pin striping and signage.

post-7-0-79215300-1402325086_thumb.jpg

John, he really looks great in the finished state. I wish I could be there to see the eyes bugging out. That would be precious.

Absolutely AMAZING, John. I especially liked the beginning of the video, seeing that the dogs are just wagging their tails, obviously completely used to seeing these types of things at your place! Really great stuff !!

Good luck and have fun at the parade! I would love to see the crowd reaction as you ride by. Great creation John!

Raining , and a cool 60's The Elk Days Parade when OK. here is a sort You Tube video of my part. There were about 60 floats in the parade, the cool rain did not stop any of us. I was a bit a fraid of the rain getting in to the digital speed controlers for the robots as there is 36 volts at over 680 amps un protected.

http://youtu.be/u0PCqy_5hX4

Our family just watched your video, wonderful! Laurie says you've lost your anonimity now, the ROBOTMAN exposed! Can you imagine these folks present today telling others that a real 8 foot robot taxied a scientist and his grandkids through the town? Yeh, they know it really did happen.

Bravo!!! :thumbs:

Archived