Take Apart Robot - Tomy?

Brian..

Here's a BIN on Ebay that I haven't seen before: the Takeapart Robot, for want of a better name. . It looks like a Tomy piece but it isn't confirmed. I'm sure you guys can pin it down. Rather gaudy, but different. My maths tells me there must be 49 variations, assuming no two components of the same color are used.

Brian,

Yeah, it's a very cool little robot. :thumbs: I have one, although mine's a bit less garish...

post-656-0-81166700-1402257295_thumb.jpg

It's made from blown-in-mold plastic and stands about 12 inches tall. There were a flood of these on eBay about a year or so ago, that's when I got mine.

I did not see a maker's mark, or anything else that would identify the toy except for the Japanese on his chest...

post-656-0-52280000-1402257301.jpg

And I cannot read kanji. :blush:

xris and jay both told me they came in a plastic bag on a card, somewhere in the waterloo temple must be the card.

i believe it was henk gosses who brought some to europe,

both I have/had were in these colors, variation was in the wheels only (1 all black wheels, 1 black/white wheels)

the other version is the one you show tinplate, I have never seen other color combo's.

yes robot island had 1 or 2 for sale last year, but only the blue/red if i remember correct

brian, remember...:)

What's interesting is that mine has two chromed valve wheels on the chest, but photos of other color variations do not have them. Additionally, mine has no ST sticker on the back.

i can see on mine it has the indication for these wheels when you turn it in the light,

the holes in the molds must have put closed for this version, so yours is older i think.

and if the blue/red one has no ST sticker it most probably predate 1972

Archived