The Robot Works INC Orlando USA .....

marco

Today i ran into a cool robot overhere in Holland.
1.60 meters high, made by The robot works INC Orlando.

The robot is not from the sixties, and i think not even from the seventies, maybe eighties or later....

inside the robot its a kinda mess... electronics, the robot was supposed to bring drinks around in a bar.
I am pointing my arrows to the experts here on Alphadrome, I can not find any information about this robot

not even its name but because it was made in the USA, I hope you guys overthere can help me futher... ANY information is welcome !

Here are some pictures of the robot...... 1.60 cm high... BIG M)*#)@#&%&$#$&cker :-)

Cheers
Marco

post-718-0-32470400-1401819565_thumb.jpg

post-718-0-52555700-1401819574_thumb.jpg

post-718-0-61279400-1401819582_thumb.jpg

post-718-0-45181100-1401819615_thumb.jpg

Seems like I have seen that robot before, may be in one of my books. Lets see if Joe K. can recall having seeing it in a book.

Thanks John,

i can really not find a thing about this one. thanks for diving into this one, I am very curious what you and Joe can find out about this one...

I will pick up the robot next week, about 100 km from my place...it was 8 years in storage.. curious what will be left of it...

Marco

this link is for a article about a company in Orlando Florida that was building custom robots back in 1996, there are names in the artical that could be worth tracking down and contact info at the bottom.

http://www.floridarobotics.com/press1.htm

It just seems like these guys would have known every one that was in the buiseness of custom entertainment robots back then, it might even be these guys but uder a new name.

Hello John,

Thanks for the information. I will start my hunt also from this side to see what I can come up with.
Will pick up the robot somewhere next week and I hope to tell some more than.

the robot reminds me a bit of the robot that was used in Rocky 4 ( paulie`s Robot )

that was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the robot. :_)

There is supposed to be a remote with this robot but its missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku6oPGWW7Q

Marco

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah.... He... ( or she, not sure about this yet ) arrived today.. in fact i had to pick up this robot by car in Rotterdam / netherlands.

The robot was won 8 years agoo in a pokermatch by 5 friends. the owner who lost the robot in the game, wanted to buy it back but never did.
The current owner thought it was time to let the robot go......and YES, i am happy he did...
The condition is much better than i expected. there is no major damage to the robot than some loose wires inside and 2 wheels that needs to be replaced because

the rubber dried out over the years.

The robot was used in a bar to serve drinks. its controlled by a remote and features a fantastic lightshow with stars behind the faceshield, moving arms and grabbing claws.
The robot can move around and has the original soundsystem.....The battery is dead so I need to replace it. also the remote is missing but I figured out that it was a remote

similar to RC cars that was used. The transmitter is futaba on 79 mhz so that should not be a big problem to replace...

The robots body is undamaged and complete and i LOVE the looks of this robot.......

here are some additional pictures... finally in my workshop :)
Still I was not able to find any other information other that John provided last week...

If you have any additional information about this robot, highly appreciated !

Have a great weekend

Marco

post-718-0-53678000-1402665221_thumb.jpg

post-718-0-72237500-1402665231_thumb.jpg

post-718-0-96750500-1402665242_thumb.jpg

The head on this robot reminds me of the space helmets in 2001 a space odyssey. It does resemble the Rocky robot. It(SICO) was made by International Robotics Inc. in New York by CEO and creator Robert Doornick. I looked through my non toy robot books and did not see this robot.

Archived