robothut

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name - ALPHA CENTURIANS
& How about including a pair of each color in the box

based on existing vintage robot boxes

Sort of like this dual gang art work I made up

Be very unique to get 2 robots in 1 cool box :)

post-18-0-24893900-1397079718_thumb.jpg

I'm in, too, John for whatever version you make.

If they were packaged two to a box (perhaps one red, one blue) they could be called the Wind'em Walk'em AlphaBots.

How about the ''A-B-1'' Robot (taking a queue from Star Wars). or AL-B-1 (which kind of sounds like "I'll Be One.") Just tossing them out there. Or since this will be the second Alphabot..."AL-B-2 Wind Up Robot." Which sounds like "I'll Be 2" as the second one in the line.

Great name ideas guys. Andys AlphaBot Doug is marketing genius. But Ken Alpha bot number 2 ? The first Alphabots with wired remote and a paper version for all to build and display, then the Prototypes of auto reversing Alphabot, then the Alphabot robot games Then the AlphaBot Rocking Walkers last year in Metal and a paper version for all to build. So there are 3 main Alphabots and 3 or 4 other variations. Any way I have been laying out the cad files for a tin version of the wind up alphabot so that I can get a price quote on the metal cutting. Problem is my version of Draw is so old that the quality of the DFX files is crap, the metal shops do not like them and they would have to be drawn over if they actualy lazer or water jet cut the parts in cold rolled steel .

Second I spoke with Jay "robot island" since he had Lilliputs dirt cheep on his site, but he just sold them all to some marketing place. he will be getting more in.

post-7-0-47873000-1397231667_thumb.jpg

Well, I called it "2" because this is the first actual Alphabot that is an independent robot. The rolling rocking robot, the games, etc. he was part of something else. I didn't count the prototypes because they were the precursor to the Alphabot. Not everybody owns a prototype. I was thinking "in hand" robots. This is basically another alphabet, but a wind up, not a battery powered one. But if the number is an issue...just change the number. AL-B-6, AL-B-4, AL-B-WHATEVER. THe actual name was the AL-B like the space ships were Apollo 1 - whatever. As I said about the drawings...nothing is set in stone.

Number of different alphabots is not an issue, just talking out loud. I guess it just seems like more too me since I am the one that spent the time Designing and building all these different Alphabots. Good news I have secured a large quantity of Lilliput donor's for the wind up guts.

This is a great looking result, I would certainly be interested in buying one as it is currently in either colorway at $35-45

Archived