Wind Up AlphaBot project

robothut

I don't think it needs to be metal... Metal's cool, but so is wood and paper, and you can't argue with the price.

John, I think it might be worth it for you to start a new thread called something like "Wind Up Alphabot Ordering Thread." Set a deadline for people to add their name to the list and when the time comes, you'll know how many Lilliputs to order. You could also have people pay in advance via pay pal so you're not left floating any of the cost yourself. I think everyone agrees that you're trustworthy! :)

Just a suggestion.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John, this is a definite winner, :thumbs: I'm in as well. However, I do have one question; will there only be solid colors available, or does that "printable skin" lend itself to more custom designs? :scratchhead:

You can count me in for sure. Awesome project. I just read the thread, so give me a few days to do a few box designs. This has me chomping at the bit. Looking forward to it.

Is there a way to add a flint to the open mouth so sparks could come out ?

I always thought that the first Lilliput shoud have had a spark mech in the center of the chest.

That is why it has a separate dial .

These look awesome and the way this project is going sofar is great! As for the material, Wood would look pretty nice although with something this unique i wouldn't mind paying extra to have a metal version :D I'm in!

I think I was so busy drooling over the bot and getting excited about designing a box for it that I forgot to mention that I DEFINITELY want one of these! I like it with the printable plastic skin, and love the idea of people coming up with custom designs for variation's sake.

As for "metal vs plastic", you could always do most of them with the plastic skin, and make a few custom metal ones for them that wanted to pony up.

Can you post dimensions for the box lid so we art folks can get started designing the boxes? How about a robot skin template for those that want to make custom skins? I personally am thinking about a skin with some cool vintage style litho type stuff on it!

Hi John, Just playing around in Corel...Something about the black robot that caught my eye, so I started working with him. Nothing here is set in stone, these are just some musings I came up with quickly. I am open to any input please.

post-125-0-02737700-1397041522_thumb.jpg

post-125-0-46281400-1397041535_thumb.jpg

Great looking AlphaBot John! I'm definitely in! I like metal, but any Alphabot is great!

Great Alphabot John! Whatever material you choose is fine. Gloss black version for me. The gloss decals give it a nice shine. Possible to have feet and claws in red for contrast/pop, especially on the black model? Never mind, we can always customize.

-Steve

Archived