SBD 3000

kennetzel

Anyone ever see this robot before? It's the SBD 3000. It's a robot bank and they say SBD stands for "Secret Bank Deposit." But others say it stands for "Silent but Deadly" because he is known as the "farting" robot. You can see by the video what triggers his responses. From what I understand, it is made by Mattel, but available only in Australia. I picked one up on EBay for 50 bucks which was the cheapest they had. THe seller is quite cordial in emails and assures me it works like new...we'll see. But despite his habits...it is a cool looking robot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFIJascIUHE

If the link doesn't work, go to Youtube and enter SBD 3000 in the search and you will get a few videos about him.

I have one of these. Joe K had one at the Museum several years ago when I visited him. They were available at Target I think. Everybody needs a farting robot with an Australian accent.

I have one also. Got mine at Wal Mart on clearance. It is funny. If you put too many coins in he poops them out. There is something about fart humor that has always made me laugh. I never understood why he had an Austrailian accent until now though.

JimK

Archived