Bell Toys Rocket Money Box

Brian..

Here's a delightful English rocket money bank from Bell Toys. It's a very uncommon 1950s bank and is definitely English, though it has that Hong Kong look about it.

I'm sure one of these sold on Ebay last year but my record keeping has gone to pot.

Like much of the 1950s English space stuff it's a copy of an American original. In this instance it's based on the Duro Mold Rocket Bank. I believe there are American plastic versions.

Brian, I have the metal and plastic versions, the plastic one is on the original card, here's a pic, it may already be in the database but if not feel free to add it!

Noelpost-648-0-90564800-1395893007_thumb.jpg

Brian, I'll have a look, although I'd have to find it first, but I think I know which box it's in :scratchhead:

If you notice the tail fin has the words "Sky Cadets", I'm not sure if this is unique to this version?

Noel

Hi Brian,

I've found it!

The card says "EMPIRE PLASTICS CORP BRONX 56 N.Y."

(No 39-87)

I'll post a full pic later!

Noel

Brian, I have the metal and plastic versions, the plastic one is on the original card, here's a pic, it may already be in the database but if not feel free to add it!

Noelattachicon.gifsept ebay 3042.jpg

Nice photo!!

Archived