Robert The Robot Fireball Xl5 Build

Eagle

I need some help. I'm to the point of making the head,,,and for the life of me I can't figure out what is in the head ? Is it a spring ? Is it a solid piece of lexan,,with grooves turned in a lathe ? What about the objects in front ? What are they ? Also I need one girder from an old Meccano erector set. I need a good photo of the Original Robert head. Joe, you always seem to be able to find impossible photo's. Anyone know of a resource ?

Thanks !

post-545-0-71130600-1394238753_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-89477500-1394238783_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-63952700-1394238838_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-66293000-1394238883_thumb.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eagle

• Tinplate6

• Sparkrobot

• Morbius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are correct Joe, the striped tube is offset to the rear. Most of the models that have been built,,miss that fact. Still, no good shots of what else is in there. There is one piece in the front that looks like a static wick. Thanks Joe. I must have watched 2 hrs of video last night. :biggrin: Damn this was a well made program.

Hmm... Wall-E must've stepped out to compact some trash when this version was done.

I thought so too but the Bad Robot was added to this second version and Wall-E was moved and hidden even better then before.

Well, there's your Botstock poster right there! :biggrin:

This is a really cool bit of art, full of familiar and obscure robots. Honestly, it would be cool to number the robots and see how many we could identify. :scratchhead:

Oh, sorry Eagle...I got distracted. :frustrate:

Amazing Mark. I recall this show vividly, attention to detail was prevalent every episode. Is that 'grab' from an episode where Robert floated out into space? I recall something about that.

Wonderful Eagle!!! You're an amazing artist. :cheers:

I'm still working on it. Every time I think I will have some spare time,,something happens. Like the Carpenter ants I found working over the the front porch today. Plus it's being built to take apart. So that adds a whole new element. Finally figured out the internals of the head,,,I think. It's about 70 % finished. Arms and legs assembled. Still trying to figure the best way to do the feet..... :scratchhead:

post-545-0-37143500-1395449554_thumb.jpg

post-545-0-55088200-1395449584_thumb.jpg

" Almost there" ......John would have cranked out 28 of them by now,,,all of them would talk, walk, and have an operational jet pack.. The mouth emmiter is just a prototype for scale. The original ,,Honest to God, looks like a 1950's era Static Wick. :wacko:

post-545-0-58753700-1395524676.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Man, that sounds like a tough couple of weeks! We must have had similar tastes, but for me Supercar always had a slight edge, probably because my parents bought me a Supercar toy, and I never had any Fireball stuff.

Of course, my all time favorite was Science Fiction Theater, with Truman Bradley. I wish that was still in circulation!

i know where garcon robot is the guy wont sell it tho