BUCK ROGERS CONCEPT ROBOT

Phil R

For years I've had this concept art of this Buck Rogers Martian robot that I found. I don't know where it originated but it obviously was never produced. I finally got the time to make it from a donor windup robot.

As time passed I thought it looked clunky as well as other problems, so I streamlined it and added other improvements? such as the feet and head. I also added a solar powered positronic brain.

A friend helped with some sheet metal work and I did the rest and box. See if you can guess the donor robot with the clues in the photo. The antenna come off to fit in the box.

Next up is the Mekkano man. There is an existing prototype for the Mekkano Man. I want to make a windup.

post-221-0-39937000-1392590691_thumb.jpg

post-221-0-99891700-1392590755_thumb.jpg

post-221-0-29436800-1392591670_thumb.jpg

GREAT job, Phil (as always)!

I'm thinking the donor robot was one of those wind-up Chinese robots, like the one used for the original BotStock Festival. They made one called Alien that was a blue color.

• 1 month later...

Holy Hannah, Phil...this one's a peach! :ohmy: I just saw this post, and wow, I love the look of it. I remember you discussing this build with me, but this is my first chance to view it. The color combinations are really nice and the glossy finish adds that professional touch. :thumbs:

Phil I missed this post too. I've been mentoring a team of high school students in the national First Robotics competition so my alphadrome time has been limited.

Your Buck Rogers robot is great!

The addition of the antenna is a nice touch! The paint looks great...as always! Did you use O-rings on the legs?

Archived