Robo Rocket Ride

Andyman

Remember when Steve unveiled his beautiful "Rocket Ride" piece last November? At the time I said that it was interesting that I was working on a concept in a similar vein. Well, shoulder surgery in December sidelined me for a while and I just now got back to the project. This is the "Robo Rocket Ride" balance sculpture. Enjoy!

RRR1_sm.jpg

RRR2_cu_sm.jpg

RRR_robot_cu.jpg

Here's a video of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crF-zSnQCRU

Love the little robot rider ! I bet you played around with placing the balance rod in different places, so I just have to ask , did you try it coming out the rocket engine then curving back down and under. part of the wire could be used to support a rocket exhaust blast. and having it come out the end might add to the balance illusion. Love what you did! just asking questions that I am sure you already played around with.

Well done Andy! Love the little robo and his ride. The movement has a very calming effect. Glad you're on the mend. Best to you.

-Steve

Thanks everybody.

John, I love the idea of the rod coming out of the engine! The lines would have been perfect. Unfortunately the engine cowl, actually a salt shaker top, is screwed into the rocket and would have to be totally reworked to accomplish it. I will definitely consider that idea if I ever build another one.

Archived