Chillies second half of collection Nov '13-Jan '14

chilli

Well, thats it. I have had 6 months at this game and i am all spent up. My pension (taken early as I am only a youngster) has gone. Invested in tin. I have really enjoyed myself in the last 6 months but will have to slow down a bit now. Anyhow apart from a few robots that i am working on these are the second half of my 62 robots.

robots67526_zpsb847d164.jpg

robots67539_zps4332c467.jpg

robots67543_zps2565d1d3.jpg

robots67538_zps3d65b81e.jpg

A few doubles

robots67537_zpse34728e4.jpg

robots67535_zps72792145.jpg

QUADS (4 K.O's and repro)

robots67536_zpsdc29d579.jpg

robots67544_zps824bbd4c.jpg

and more damn little gorillas!!!!( and a chimp)

robots67540_zpse3b4d9bd.jpg

robots67542_zps6746308d.jpgrobots67541_zpsc0f069a3.jpg

Many thanks to Fineas J. Whoopie, Martijn, Reproman 22 and everybody else that has helped me over the last few months.

I am always stunned that these little tin men have survived for 50-60 years and we get the pleasure of someone else care,that's kept them in the condition they are today. I wonder in 50 years people will be showing off their ipods and tablets. Dont reckon they will have the same appeal somehow.

Anyhow I hope you like them.

Can i just add that if anyone has any problems with a Dux Astroman to drop me a line. I got the 4 of these working and its not really that difficult. I will be glad to pass on any tips if I can.

Cheers All

Chilli

Excellent looking 2nd half. I see we really like the Dux Astromen. My question about them is I see we have different color plastic on 3 of them. I also own one and it has the green plastic finish all over like the one you have. The other 3 have an aqua/blue look to them were there 2 types done as such?

Hi Roboto,

thanks for that.

Regards the Astroman, he only arrived today.

Usual thing, none of the motors working. Took about half an hour to tease the motors back into life.

If anyone has a non working one you might want to try the following.

It is always a good sign if the bulb is working, at least you know the motor to the arms is a live connection to the remote. The best way is to remove the back panel, first check the bulb is working when you press the remote, if not wire 2 batteries up so you can attach them to the connectors where all the wires meet at the back of the robot, look where the wires from the motor are soldered and attach, loosely , your 2 home made battery wires. Check if the bulb is good and play about until it lights, then flick the the cog on top of the motor clockwise, after a bit of oil spray has been added. Eventually it will kick into life. Repeat with lower motor.

Back to your question.

I only noticed the colour when I put them together for the photo.

I guess that when the batches of plastic were being made up then the pigments over the years were changed a little. But yes, he is definitely green. It is a good thing that all the panels match as I use to think that it was how you could spot a repro panels if a couple were a different shade. But now it seems a different colour might just mean that it is from another robot with a different shade. We learn something everday.

Cheers

Chilli

Thanks Astrogonza.

That arrived last week

I dialed "space patrol" into ebay in various countries for 2 months at least once a day.

There is just the Ichiko Space patrol I would love to add and maybe I can swop my house for a T.V. space patrol.

Chilli !! Just keeps getting SO much nicer, nice additions to a beautiful collection. Will you be offering discounts to Alphadrome members when you open to the public?? :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived