Tinman's Collection

Tinman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm enjoying the work in progress in getting some of my collection on display...and space is extremely limited.  It's fun figuring out new ways to use the neodymium magnets and acrylic rods and disks.  I think I found a cheaper source for the disks if anyone is interested...they're great for mounting those unstable spacemen.

The rocket at the bottom isn't as tilted as it looks in the photo..

Posted_4.thumb.JPG.df018ef3456f0ca356aab

Posted_5.thumb.JPG.cbb6e6f186ffe423b70d5

IMG_8069.thumb.JPG.2a7029e431468560f994f

Just brilliant, Bill! You have certainly kicked things up a notch or two. I think I need yet another case of some kind now.

Beautifully accomplished Bill. Your displays are museum quality and always enjoy seeing them.  The magnet idea is phenomal!:thumbs:

• 4 months later...

Outstanding!  thanks for sharing.   I really enjoy how you have the "pinwheel" type flyers displayed - what are those toys?

Thanks, the neodymium magnets provide endless options.  The pinwheel spacemen are made by Reliable Toys of Canada and originally had a clamp on the bottom for clipping them to bicycle handlebars.  I believe these are an earlier version because they can also be found having solid plastic airplane-type propellers.

Those are super cool - my daughter happened to be looking over my shoulder when I first saw them... now she's a fan of those.  No pun intended.   
New items to hunt for!   

Thanks MG, they're pretty hard to come by; I managed to get all three from the same source.  Here's a link to the thread I started when I first got them:

Archived