Tinman's Collection

Tinman

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Joe! I still need to purchase a few more items to fill them up a little but you get the idea. After I posted the picture I remembered I had another Tom Corbett item or two so I'll probably change things up a little. Each display box is held up with one magnet, and even then I put 5-6 pieces of masking tape over the magnet so it wouldn't stick so much. The technique I used can be found on the following thread:

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot help but give a three-thumbs-up when I see any ones collection displayed this well, and makes the look real museum quality. One day when the kids move out I plan on working on a nicer room dedicated to better displaying my own collection. Thanks for the inspiration!! VERY NICE.

Thanks UR, it's a work in progress. My display room is quite small so I have to keep my collection in check from here out, I'd rather not have to keep things put away in boxes. I'd recommend you start purchasing things like acrylic risers a little at a time so when you're ready you'll have them; they can be pricey if you need them all at once.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found a place to display my space glass; the small milk glass mugs are made by Hazel-Atlas in the 1950s and the tall jelly jar glasses are of unknown origin and age, probably 1960s.

post-329-0-94280700-1422237185_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-60539700-1422237194_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-33789300-1422237199_thumb.jpg

Nice graphics. I especially like the coffee mugs. I have also used those kind of shelves for above window and door displays. Yours look great.

Archived