Tinman's Collection

Tinman

I finally purchased some more magnets and was able to display a few more things. My tin litho space gun display is starting to take shape:

post-329-0-36291400-1415549451_thumb.jpg

I was also able to mount my Tudor Rose Atomic Ray Pistol; the left side selector switch was removed so it would fit on the magnetic peg...which isn't a big deal cause they pop right off.

post-329-0-49385200-1415549665_thumb.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Joe. The panels are 15.5 x 31 inches and have slotted holes on each corner so you can hang them vertically or horizontally; I use two drywall anchors on the top corners...the 50lb rating may be overkill but they work well and are easy to use:

post-329-0-76727500-1415996686_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I have a bunch more space for ray guns or other items on either side of my display cases:

post-329-0-12814100-1415996695_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I'm working on two more display cases and then my room will be about maxed out. Getting things displayed properly is more expensive than I imagined, I still need to purchase acrylic risers to give more height to some of the displays and I have a bunch of things in storage to find a place for. Things are still evolving.

Beautiful arrangement Tinman, very nice on the eyes.

Regarding the plugs for the drywall, I'm about to hang a few 'floating' LACK Ikea shelves for Kelly. Is there a difference between the metal wall plugs and plastic, here there are walls of these things in our Home Depot and other stores and they keep directing me toward the plastic ones. She's got rock and mineral items to put on these shelves and I'd like it to be as strong as possible.

I don't know if there's a real difference, I prefer the metal ones...well, because they're metal, and because they can be screwed into a stud if you need to. I think one of my gun display panels had to be fastened to a stud because of the spacing. They're real easy to use but would require a small repair if removed.

Thanks Bill for your input, I didn't feel comfortable with the plastic ones as I've had issues before. I found the ones you have, makes more sense to have all the screws uniform. As I have to put at least one screw in a stud the metal will be extra insurance against it falling out, Kelly's putting her rock collections on them and a little overkill is what I feel better with rather than saving a dollar or two on the fasteners. The stores always make more on the cheap stuff and I believe that's why they direct the customer toward it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a panel of smalls I worked on this weekend; it contains a display for Rocky Jones Space Ranger, Tom Corbett Space Cadet, and a box with some odds & ends...the keychain and cracker spacemen were shown earlier. I'd like to have a display for Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon but I need to acquire a few more items.

post-329-0-05570200-1419180798_thumb.jpg

Archived