Tinman's Collection

Tinman

As I looked back on this thread and see the pic of our "Wandering Mike" I am bummed because it didn't occur to me to add something to the robot like others have done. So do you still have his travel diary?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill, that Tudor Rose gun is definitely tricky. I had to make a wire stand that kind of grips the handle. But I've got some thoughts on how you might be able to make it work with your current set up; we can talk about it this weekend. Maybe brainstorming with some other collectors will lead to a solution!

• 1 month later...

The WOW factor is very high indeed, Bill! I think you pretty much nailed every part of your perfect displays. I don't know how it could look any better after seeing all the ray guns on those boards. I have one question though, what is the little card or game behind your red and yellow Pyro service vehicles?

Thx,

Perry

Perry,

Its a tin litho dexterity game, age unknown. It has five BBs that you have to maneuver into small indentations at various locations. The plastic cover on mine is a bit warped due to age but the litho shows a great spaceman image. A blue one was recently up on eBay but I don't think it sold because the seller was asking a bit much.

Here's a link to a thread I posted:

That's a nice piece for sure. I have many dexterity games ranging from The Lone Ranger to WW2 bombing stuff but would love to find something like that!

• 3 weeks later...

You got some great toys at Botstock. The Rocket Launcher Target has great graphics. The tigermatic disc shooting ray gun is really nice and pretty hard to find. The spaceman robot was a great deal at Renningers!

Thanks guys, I think I did pretty well with the Remco Signal Ray too; I wasn't a fan at first but really like it now.

post-329-0-99254000-1406944755_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of stuff still in boxes cause I ran out of room in my display cabinets; I have two more cabinets to put together but I've been lazy.

Lol, I know the feeling! I have this new case coming in tomorrow hopefully, from Ikea. Green medical type glass case. We will see how it works out.

Archived