Tinman's Collection

Tinman

Thanks Joe, its a work-in-progress cause I'm still pulling things out of boxes but I'm getting there. I actually thought I had more vintage robots than I do...looks like I need to pick up a few more! The Pyrotomic Fire Control car is a tough one to find, I waited quite a while for mine...I'll let you know if I find any at auction. I wanted to display the Pyro X-300 with the Space Port but there wasn't enough room on the shelf; I did display the Gilmark ship next to the Space Port though, it's obvious the Space Port graphic was based off this ship.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill,

On your question about scratching the paint on your ray gun displays, you might try tissue wrapping paper.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally completed a display of plastic space guns:

post-329-0-32849400-1394164960_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-30377200-1394164972_thumb.jpg

I'd like to have an equal display of tin-litho guns...but I have some gaps to fill:

post-329-0-02717700-1394164996_thumb.jpg

Bill, your robots and ray guns look great. Nice and clean and well arranged. After looking at your display and Brady's, I need to remove clutter from my cases. Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait until a lot of Spring projects and home improvements are completed.

Thanks Phil. Brady's display was certainly clutter-free and well arranged, a true inspiration for the direction my collection is going. I'm still moving things around and actually have a few spacemen displayed since these pics were taken. When I save my pennies I'll be able to purchase my final Ikea case; that should allow me finalize things and enjoy my collection.

• 2 weeks later...

I've put a few more robots on display since those pics were taken; I'm looking forward to the purchase of the new Ikea case ($400.00) to finish things up.

I love the clean look you have in your robot room, I could live there!!! Mine's getting to look more like a flea market since I got back into collecting again. If the IRS hadn't taken their 10 lbs of flesh this tax season as well as Farley the Poodle throwing his knee out and requiring rebuilding his tendons I may well have had new shelves to take up the slack. I suppose If we all put our problems on the table in front of each other, we'd take our own any day.

Looking forward to your additions.

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I missed this! I've spent years bugging you about posting pics of your display and when you finally do... I completely space out (no pun intended).

I know it's a work in progress, but even so, this is just a beautiful display, Bill! Using the magnets for the ray guns is a BRILLIANT -- or maybe BILLiant, ha ha -- idea. It looks fantastic and allows for the kind of flexibility a ray gun display demands.

I can't wait to see how your displays evolve. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing all the plastic figures and ships.

Thanks for posting!

Brian & Brady, looks like I missed your posts by a few days. I'm glad you like the way the ray gun display came out, I'd like to see other members give it a try or evolve it into something I haven't thought about. Unfortunately, I have to find another way to display the Tudor Rose gun I purchased from Brian, those two red knobs make things difficult! I was going to make frames for the magnetic boards but kind of like them as is. I also was going to purchase one of the new Ikea display cases but found they're not that nice for the money and they have to be special ordered, which is an additional cost. I ended up purchasing two more Detolf cases that I'll be mounting on cubes like Brady. See you in a couple days!

Archived