Robot Sculpture Made From Crashed BMW

SculptorLA

"Beemer" robot sculpture (68x34x22) by sculptor Bruce Gray is a commissioned sculpture and is constructed primarily out of parts supplied by the client from a 2005 BMW 645CI convertible that was in an accident. (nobody got hurt) Most of these parts are cast aluminum, and I decided that I wanted to attach all parts together using existing brackets and mounting holes. This has the effect of a sculpture that you may not be able to figure out what was originally connected, and what was added and altered to create this sculpture. This robot features a movable head, pivoting (simulated) energy pulse gun with movable joystick/fire button controller, movable upper arrm and a forearm that raises and has a swiveling multi-positionable hand. The feet are heavy old steel plates from train tracks. This museum worthy robot sculpture is in a private collection in La Canada. Weight 240 pounds.

post-1926-0-97555900-1390951077_thumb.jp

Welcome SculptorLa! I really like Beemer! Do you have other pictures? I'd really like to see a side view of the energy pulse gun.

Archived