Portugese Pyrotomic Space Gun

geoffreypeeters

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed the $49 ones, which is ridiculous, but I opted for a $99 version in cool color combination. I'm more than okay with $99 for a 'vintage' 20" Space ray gun.

I can remember many times in the past when multiples have turned up and been sold off quickly, but then they're gone! :dirtdog:

...actually, I might buy a few more! :blush:

"HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!" :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

I confirmed yesterday (secure source) the manufacturer of these rifles.

They were not manufactured by Hercules, such as are announced, but by Sirolite, the area of Leiria.

Thanks for that. Is there any sign that we've reached the end of the warehouse find yet? I shed a little tear every time I see a new batch on Ebay selling for 50 bucks. :crying-and-sobbing:

• 3 weeks later...
How many Brian? More than one?

Yes, many more than one or two! I've always taken the view that you can't hesitate in these matters. I'm not one of the early Ebay buyers who got stung for thousands but I traded hard for a batch of them. I was a happy bunny until the wretched things kept appearing. I traded some beautiful space toys for these and now I'm looking at a big loss. I can hardly bear to look at them. 

Some you win. Some you lose. It's only money. :crying-and-sobbing:

I remember when a mint in really nice box Chinese flying saucer came up on ebay. This is the saucer that is pictured in Boogaerts and until that time only a few loose examples in poor condition had appeared on the market. I was thrilled and bid hard to win which I did at $2K. I remained thrilled until the seller, to whom I had been chatting with throughout the auction told me after the auction ended that he had three more mint in box and would be putting them on ebay shortly! I watched the second one go for I think $1500 and the next I believe $800 and so forth. But I consoled myself with the knowledge that I have done so well on most of my other toys and besides, when a rare piece comes up that you have to have being timid is not going to get it for you. I think I still did the right thing. You have to follow your instinct. It's right so often! I say bravo! you saw something you wanted and you went for it!

post-143-0-12595600-1391361150_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

Finally picked up one of these Portuguese Pyrotimic rifles for a whopping $21 plus shipping...a nice gun for the price!

img_1359s.jpg

Archived