Portugese Pyrotomic Space Gun

geoffreypeeters

Thanks Mtrsomar, and welcome to the Drome. The information is much appreciated. I guess the one question I'd like to see answered is how many were found? Once we know that we can put a realistic value on them. At the moment it's a lottery.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mtrsomar, and welcome to the Drome. The information is much appreciated. I guess the one question I'd like to see answered is how many were found? Once we know that we can put a realistic value on them. At the moment it's a lottery.

According to information from one of the sellers about 20 boxes were found, some guns were broken or damaged.

There were 3 sellers with access to this warehouse and sold them in Portugal is currently only one that still has some to sell.

Other toys were found but all of them had any brand from some experts the factory was Hercules but also some say it may have been manufactured by Ribeirinho.

Briefly i post a photo of one of the boxes.

Honestly, in my humble opinion, with so many of these suddenly flooding the market, I would not be surprised if they were fakes. :dirtdog:

I think this would not be possible, especially for the variety of existing color and the look of the gun

So the estimate is about 100-120 pieces?

Yes approx. some of them are broken or damaged (on next step in ebay you go find this samples) and also some are in Portuguese collectors hands

In February this year, posted a machine gun like these in the facebook group O Bazar do "O brinquedo de colecção". At the time none of the group members showed interest and did not even know them.
I am a collector and I have some of these guns still in boxes, which has no marking or indication of the manufacturer.
I still have a few other items from the same manufacturer (unknown), because the boxes are exactly alike as the plastic, but it has nothing to do with guns.
I think the manufacturer is not Hercules, as has been said, because the boxes of toys marked Hercules came and they did not.
The guns come in boxes of 6 and mostly have orange base, but there is a wide variety of colors.
I can guarantee that they are unique, because they are already in the family for about 30 years at least.

Welcome, Maria (Portugesetoys). That link doesn't work for me. Sadly I'm not part of the Facebook generation.

The contacts we've made with Portuguese colletors will. I hope, prove very informative in the future.

Thanks, Mtrsomar, much appreciated.

I see that the Ebay price has dropped from $1500 to $49 in just two weeks. Unbelievable. And I suspect we've not yet seen the bottom of this market.

This week i have see more 3 dif. colors combination, exist at least 20

orange/black
orange/blue
orange/green
orange/ light green
orange/yellow neon
blue/red
blue/yellow
blue/orange
black/yellow neon
black/orange
black/blue