Tin Litho Robot Whistle: Any info?

dratomic

I recently picked up this Japanese tin-litho whistle. It's a neat piece, but what really caught my attention was the manufacturer's sample tag. I love in-house stuff, and it's even better when it's robot related!

post-124-0-38835700-1385273393_thumb.png

I've seen these types of whistles before but I've never paid too much attention to them and I'm not overly familiar with the different versions.

• Have any of you guys seen this particular robot design before?

• Does anyone know who made it?

• Or when?

• Were all these different tin-litho whistles made by the same company?

If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

I don't have much to offer except to say that when I've found them in the past, it has typically been at a flea market or general collectibles show. They tend to appear in cigar boxes on dealer tables along with the miniature license plates, dexterity games, keychains, and so forth. I love old school searching.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Heads up. This BIN looks like a great deal. Three whisles for $25 The seller was offering three sets and I already bought one set. One set left. I have not received them yet but the seller did provide a tracking number very quickly. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-NOS-Japan-Tin-Litho-Space-Whiltles-NICE-You-get-3-whiltles-for-only-29/273031154802?hash=item3f91eccc72:g:G~0AAOSwytJaSQcB

s-l1600 (2).jpg

Archived