Display Case Ideas

Tinman

Great idea SHMIKE. Only thing is, at the Toronto Ikea store they have a huge 'item checking room' to examine the contents of the box you're purchasing before you leave the store to be sure it's all in order before you leave and to let them know if it's not. Needless to say you could never hope to re-pack the box the same way to take home so I don't think many people bother with it.

Yeah, I received a response from Ikea and things don't sound promising. They basically referred me to their scratch and dent section with the hopes of finding the panel from someone else's return. Figure the odds on finding that panel on a "first come first serve" basis. Looks like they have me for a new case!

When I brought one of mine back, I just said that I was attaching the door to the cabinet and it slipped and hit

the floor and shattered. They looked through the returns and did not find any of the cases there and just sent me back

to get another one. (FREE) . They did not ask me anything. They don't care, they are all college students where I go.

Sorry to hear about your cabinet problems. I would agree with Mike and take it back. Most big chains don't want to hassle customers, and IKEA does have an area where they sell damaged merchandise. If you go through the trouble of returning it I think you will get a replacement, if you ask first they will probably say no.

Archived