RUSTY CRUSTY - Atomic Robot Man & Sparky Robot

Dirk

As many other collectors, I like old tintoy robots the most, when they came in perfect conditon. What a fun, when they look like new after 50 or 60 years.

But when this Atomic Robot Man popped up, I could not resist. An untouched sample - naturally aged thru more than 60 years. The seller spoke of "rusty crusty" conditon.

So I proudly present - RUSTY CRUSTY between his almost new looking friends: :biggrin:

post-11-0-98996400-1384613443_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-02558800-1384613466_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-21520200-1384613487_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-37071500-1384613510_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirk

• SAL

• robothut

• RoboCopy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some years ago - I already purchase this nice lithoed Sparky Robot from a good friend ... Thanks to CLAUS, that this nice sample made it to my "rust shelf"...!

post-11-0-45569100-1384613724_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-44513800-1384613748_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-95579200-1384613784_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-24838700-1384613810_thumb.jpg

Unfortunatly I missed out this great sample of an Easelback Robot with also fantastic original patina some years ago. Would have been a great adition to the rustbot gang...

Come out of the bushes...who has snatched it away!? :biggrin:

post-11-0-99869200-1384614005_thumb.jpg

You should have a soggy devastated room to display them -- one that appears to have endured without a roof, or perhaps been retrieved from decades below the sea.

From your photo Dirk, might we conclude that the Easel Back's arms are made of aluminum, not tin?

For sure JOE! 100%... :lecture:

You should have a soggy devastated room to display them.

A fantastic idea DAVID! I will just ask my wife, maybe the best to remove a part of the Roof... :rolling:

I think Davids idea is a great one also. The thing is to make up stage set pieces that look like the roof has a hole in it and moss is growing and maybe a fake waker fall with tricking water like it leaking threw the mud walls. it could be mocked up as a very nice display shelf or compleat room and make for a very cool and different robot display!

I think Davids idea is a great one also. The thing is to make up stage set pieces that look like the roof has a hole in it and moss is growing and maybe a fake waker fall with tricking water like it leaking threw the mud walls. it could be mocked up as a very nice display shelf or compleat room and make for a very cool and different robot display!

JOHN... :biggrin: ...its always great to know; as an alphadromer - YOU NEVER WALK ALONE!

So good advice from best friends... :biggrin:

Yes Dirk, the STONEHENGE EFFECT! Create a whole army of 'em, names could be Rusty, Dusty, Crusty, Musty etc. The possibilities are endless. Maybe create a diorama with small scale folks discovering them in the bush and the robots as ancient giants.

Hey Dirk,

Here my latest pickup from an old toyshop in italy. Unfortunately the shop lost its roof 25 years agoo :)
robots suffered a bit.
Cheers

Marco

post-718-0-35969400-1384676849_thumb.jpg