Light Bulbs: 2.5v Flat Head Light Bulbs

robot polishing his rocket

guys (and girl),

i'm looking for 2.5v flat head light bulbs. the ones that are used for eyes and such.

i can get the modern round head here, but someone told me they stopped making the flat head type years ago.

i would be very appreciative of any help in getting this type bulb.

many many thank yous.

RPHR

:) RPHR, there was an earlier discussion here on Alphadrome about these, look backwards in Robot Talk a bit and you may find it. I think that some other common toys used the flat bulbs, but I can't remember enough about it. At Botstock earlier this year, I was using Duracell D-cells in my R-35, much to the horror of other people in attendance! They feared that these hot batteries would blow out his original flat bulb eyes. It scared me enough, now I keep some cheap weak batteries around. -L7

• 3 years later...

I needed some so made them myself. Didn't know if they would blow up or not,,,,,but what the hey ! :blink: Took a propane torch ,held the bulb with a piece of brass tubing. Rapidly heated the top of the bulb to red hot then pressed it flat on a piece of hard wood. It worked. Wear safety glasses and gloves.

• 3 weeks later...

:) Wow Eagle! That is awesome! You are the man!!! I learn something new every day here! -Larry7

I wonder if there was a craft kit made back in the pre-'politically correct' era whereby kids could heat and reshape light bulbs? (I'm just kidding! -reference to the now labelled dangerous woodburning sets, chemistry sets, etc!)

• 4 months later...
  • Brian.. changed the title to Light Bulbs: 2.5v Flat Head Light Bulbs

Archived