Am I Missing Something Here?

spirou

It wasn't Limont who threw in the monkey wrench, it was Billdesigns---He came in and tried to bury the bids with an ungodly $600 (setting a high-bid of $256) and thought he was home-free---Thirty seconds later, Beach-Brain and Limont tested Billdesigns' bid and would have pushed it up to $335, except that Tet28 SIMULTANEOUSLY tried to bury all the bids right at the end, also, thus blasting the price into orbit---and one can only imagine how much Tet28 actually bid. I bet everybody's hair STOOD ON END when Tet28 punched that confirmation button and they saw the bid jump from $256 to $610 in less than three seconds---bet they weren't expecting it at all.

;)

i thought it was a rare colour variant...they're usually red right?

you don't see the silver guys very often.

anyway, i'd like to think that was the reason for the high end bid...but i'm not too sure if i'm correct in this instance.

anyone else got anything to say??

I had the very same thought-rare color variation???-I'd also like to hear from someone more familiar with this robot.

Here is my opinion and experience with this Robot:

Most rarest, as I remember, is a blue version, which I never had.

Second rarest is the green version

Next in line should be the red version followed close by the silver version.

I guess, this robot was available all over the world in big numbers, also in Germany, where the silver version has been the most common to find.

Some (10-15) years ago, when i have been most active looking for robots, the silver one was very easy to get for about 50-70 US $. Now these times are over and you do not find that piece anymore "easy".

Nevertheless it is an unusual robot, not everyone likes it, but it has some weird looking face.

At least the head has been a new invention from the Hong Kong makers, the rest seems to be a copy of the Horikawa style Attacking Martians.

it is very hard to find the robot in perfect condition, because of the cheap plastic inside and outside and the thin paint is not made to stay on the body forever.

This piece will go more up in price within the next years, I promise !

Keith, I don't use very often the address "bob.tobor@caramail.com". My main address is "robert.rombouts@skynet.be"

Archived