Chillies collection August 2013- October 2013

chilli

Well, its been an interesting and busy 3 months. I took my pension pot early and decided to convert it into tin. Reckoning that it will not earn anything in the bank, but even if these little fellas dont increase in value any at least I've had a damn good time collecting them. My pot is nearly empty now so i will have to slow down as my normal income will have to be plundered if i want anymore.

Not included in the shots are a Cragstan Great Astronaut, and another absolute unplayed with Robby. The perfect condition box is shown with the Robby I got from Marco.

My first purchase was in August and was the 2 MTH Mr Atomics, which are mint , original boxed including shipping box's.

All the box's shown are original.

I have really gotten into this hobby, my dad was a mechanic and I used to build beach buggy's for my mates as a kid, chopping and welding V.W chassis together. This has all the nice aspects of those old days, detective work finding items, barter, banter, fixing , tracking parts, retouching, asking advice, and having something great and a living antique burst back to life from 60 years ago. Could there be anything better.And unlike the old days my fingers are not bleeding from rubbing bodywork down and my nails are free of oil and grime.

I would like to thank members of this forum that have given me good advise, and have found out a lot of things out the hard way, Doh!!!

(One good bit of advice I can offer, "DO NOT OPEN A NICE PACKAGED ROBOT WITH A BIG CARVING KNIFE" as I say have found things out the hard way.)

Anyhow I hope you like them, hope you dont mind if I am very sacrilegious and have to admit the one I really am attached to is the Brown Nomura Roaring Gorilla, everyone should get one, to scare dogs and kids there is nothing better.

The last 2 are a "Plasmabot" plasma robot head and a cyber spider.

Thanks again for having me on here, its been a great help and inspiration.

On with the pics

regards Chilli

robotsalphaa_zps2e9c64d3.jpg

alphae_zps8404a8ac.jpg

alphabb_zps32cf7062.jpg

alphac_zps10296c2d.jpg

robotsd_zpsdc44386a.jpg

plasma_zps99b5bcd9.jpg

If you are interested in the unusual and odd have a look at another little hobby of mine, photographing paint in mid air and high speed micro water collisions

http://www.markfollon.com/gallery.html#folder=experimental&file=stingray.jpg&i=1

Wonderful start to your collecting! Usually takes many years to come up with that many special pieces in the condition they're in, congrats, every one of them is a great addition. BTW one of my faves on my own shelf (actually two) are psycho bears, tin windup with psychotic yo yo's, I can see why the gorillas are fun.

post-298-0-88553500-1381538910_thumb.jpg

Crikey, forgot one!!!!!!!! Ha.Hmmmm!!

glowhead_zps368c1acc.jpg

Thanks all, and yes Morbius the eyes and yo yo's have it, in fact on the gorillas the eyes light up, they walk , open their jaws , roar and raise their arms.

And thanks to Robocopy I stuck with a bid and now have a Cragstan Great Astronaut. Thanks again everyone

Hi, chilli, I like the entire post you have here, with all the pics of the latest pieces, they are impressive. I have OFTEN thought the same way, with all banks everywhere not paying out, robots, space toys and the like have been increasing in value quickly lately. Everyone knows there certainly are no guaranteed returns but I like what I have been seeing from an investor point of view. Not from a collector point of view, though. I always want to have more, at a lower price. Great collection so far, keep up the great work and interest.(pun intended $) :biggrin:

Hi Ultra,

I have never been able to spend any cash before like this, but its seems a nice option now. I also had a 30 year itch to satisfy.

I first saw a collection of robot 30 years ago when i met a guy who was making a model space shuttle for me for an advertising photograph I had to do.

He actually worked in Kendals manchester so he could obtain all the odd packaging to make his dioramas. A very dapper 50 year old bloke with a little moustache and a suit.

I went to his house and was stunned, it was a little council house and full, top to bottom with space dioramas and space toys.

One room was lined with shelves and every space was full of robots. Imagine that 30 years ago!!! He told me how he had all the original and early editions. (I imagine he could buy a very large house now with that lot)

His wife was sat at a table sewing space costumes and his lodger gluing dioramas of starwars.

The 3 of them dressed up in space character costumes for charity events.(more of that later)

( It turned out the lodger ran off with the wife, shame).

My bloke was very intense but as we soon realised was as mad as a hatter. I was with the props guy from the studio I worked for and we were shown around the massive collection.

It was when he showed us a model that he had made of a futuristic plane that the penny dropped.

He said to us, "we have intercontinental flights at the moment but soon", he said, "we will have inter galactic flights". This is where his model came in. He explained that he would be getting in touch with all the major airlines and sending them a copy of his model as it was exactly the correct design for inter galactic flight, explaining about the engines etc. My friend and I exchanged glances, this guy was for real.

He then showed us a spaceship that was built to spec from descriptions from an Issac Asimov novel, but stunned us when he said "Yes, but the actual space ship would not have been quite like this" he really believed it existed.

He was a smashing bloke and did me a good job but the funniest thing from the night that amuses me still was his car.

He had, parked outside in this dark bleak Denton council estate, a Robin Reliant similar to this the-trotters-reliant-regal-van-up-for-sa

but painted metalic flake green with satellites,stars and moons painted on it.

I giggled as I thought of being sat at traffic light at night when along side comes this Reliant Robin space capsule and sitting in the front seats, Princess Leia and a Wookie!!!!!! going to a charity gig.

What a great collection! The white Yeti brings back an amusing memory of the past. I restored a lot of toy boxes years ago for a client. Among those was the Yeti with box. My daughter was young at the time. The client always wanted to show the toys in action. Before playing the yeti he warned us it was scary. When he started it my daughter ran behind me in fright. It even surprised me. Have you tried it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg44F7OkpLM

Thanks again,

the nomura yeti and gorilla are even more scarey than the marx in the video as its eyes light up as well as walking, raising arms and roaring. One has blue eyes and the other green.

Every one is impressed with them.

The dog nearly took himself back to the dog pound after he had seen him!!!!!.

cheers

Chilli

Archived