Mr Robot: Need Help With Cragstans Mr.robot

Bob B.

I finally obtained a mint condition Cragstans Mr.Robot; however, when it is powered up only the head lights up, and nothing else works. First of all what actions is this great looking robot supposed to perform; and second, how should I go about repairing it. I was considering momentarily reversing the polarity of the batteries in an attempt to free any frozen mechanisms. Any advice from this very knowledgeable group would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much--Bob B.

post-2-1093583035.jpg

I've got an Alps TV spaceman that had a seized motor, I put some new batteries in, turn him on, tipped him up side down and tapped on the feet and on his side for about ten minutes, suddenly he jumped into life. you could try giving him a bit of a shake (not too hard), the vibration's can bring life back.

Paul K

Bob, the inside of it's head is supposed to rotate, as well as "bump & go" action. I've never had one apart, but suspect the same motor runs both functions. If it lights, at least you know the power is going from the batteries through the switch. Could be just the motor is just "set up" from years of not being run. With the switch on, try turning the wheel that drives underneath by hand, it may take right off. Could be a wire off also. You would have to open it up to fix that. :o Let us know.........

If you have a way of seeing either end of the motor inside the toy, try getting a drop of oil on each end of the motor.

The motor has probably dried out and is stuck.

you can also place the toy on a towel in a box on it's side and put brand new batteries in it and just leave it alone.

That might "Wake Up" the toy.

Once it runs, it should take in the oil you put on the ends of each side of the motor shaft and even start to go faster.

On bump and go toys, I've had good luck just holding the wheels still, while gently turning the assembly that holds them. It forces the gears to move up the line to the motor and will often get it going.

Thanks so much David, SH Mike, Mike Van, and Paul K. for all of the great advice. I will let you know which method(s) worked as soon as I receive the robot, and attempt to get it going. You guys are the best--Bob B. ;)

post-2-1093744905.jpg

• Brian.. changed the title to Mr Robot: Need Help With Cragstans Mr.robot

Archived