Tin Tom Toys Radar Robot Giveaway

Tin Tom Toys

The Radar Robot Giveaway Contest ended Feb 28th!

Thank you to all of you for your tremendous support!

Tom randomly picked 6 Thunder Robot Registration cards

out of the hundreds submitted, with the first 3 in order

of being picked declared the winners of the contest.

The remaining 3 cards (in order of drawing) will be held

as reserve winners in the event that either of the winners

not claiming their prizes within 7 days from Feb 28th.

The 3 lucky winners will each receive a special edition

Radar Robot.

Calling all Thunder Robot owners who registered, please

check your Authenticity Cards to see if you have one of the

winning serial numbers!

Please check www.tintomtoys.com or

Click here for the winning serial numbers...

Thank you and good luck!

post-2-1046499378_thumb.jpg

Which giveaway drawing is this? Is this the regular giveaway drawing, or is it the autographed giveaway drawing? And exactly how many giveaway drawings are there, anyhow?

This contest is for the one-of-a-kind Radar Robots. From the photo it looks like the body might be gold, but not sure...

Damn!! I just checked the list at TTT and I am number 2 on the reserve list!

So please, if you are among the winners, please ignore this contest! you don't need this funky lookin robot! Go Away now! :angry:

I'm a little concerned that TTT wouldn't verify my registration. I actually mailed-in my registration last year, just after Thunder arrived. I TWICE wrote to TTT and TWICE asked them to verify that they had received my registration card. Both times, TTT responded with: "Don't worry about it, we're sure it arrived, it's around here somewhere, don't sweat it, etc." But they wouldn't ever give me a firm answer---I don't know if they even received it. I don't mind the fact that my number wasn't drawn; but I DO mind the possibility that I was never in the competition.

;)

I was concerned also Nikola, as I mailed my registration card in with only 5 days remaining until deadline. I think TTT should acknowledge recieving your entry for future contests just so we don't sit around wondering if we are in or out.

Has anyone here won?? B)

TTT responded with: "Don't worry about it, we're sure it arrived, it's around here somewhere, don't sweat it, etc."

"Don't sweat it.."?? They actually told you that? Tom must've hired

an American! :lol:

Well, I was worried about whether they received my card too,

but all I got was a polite reply explaining that if I returned the card

or a copy using the exact address as printed - all will be ok. The

english they replied with was pretty stilted but clear enough...

.. and that they can't check if my particular card was received

because as soon as they receive them, they drop it into a locked box!

So, good and bad. Actually I was quite relieved with that answer

because it should mean noone was mucking around with the cards

received(?) Not that it matters anyhoo, my serial # isn't on the list :-((

"Don't sweat it.."?? They actually told you that? Tom must've hired an American! :lol:

Well, no, that wasn't their exact phraseology, but it was the gist of their reply---I just inferred that they were not terribly concerned with verifying my registration.

As I understand it, the autographed Radar Robot giveaway won't take place until Bill at NeatStuff gets his stock in---so I guess I'll try writing to TTT one more time and try to verify my registration number.

;)

Hi,

I'm reading this robot talk since about one year and thanks to you guys I realised I'm the lucky winner of a TTT Radar robot (silver number 027); I'm collecting vintage bots since about five years and I appreciate the repros from Tom; there very well made and make those toys available for everybody;last year I've spent a fortune on robots (ebay, Smithhousetoys, Joe from mainstreettoys, ...) I was happily surprised by the very good contacts I had with all those sellers in the US, Brasil, ....

I hope Tom will make a Diamond planet soon;

I'm now registered on this talk and keep you informed from ......Belgium (sorry for mistakes, I generally speak Dutch or French)

Ken

post-2-1046898794_thumb.jpg

[/quotesorry for mistakes, I generally speak Dutch or French]

Geen probleem/Pas de problèmes

Welcome to Alphadrome from another belgian collector ;)

hello kenny,

Congratulations to you and I am realy Happy that one of "MY Customer " is the first Winner in this contest.

best Regards

Volker

( Robotoys.de )

Hi Ken,

welcome to Alphdrome and congratulations on the win!

and on another note:

Does anyone know why Arjen is selling off his collection on Ebay? Is he getting out of the Hobby? He has an incredible collection and I hate to see it broken up. :(

Guest neatstuff

Bonjour Ken, félicitations sur votre victoire du robot fin de radar de TTToys! Je donnerai également loin 2 robots de radar de mon website. Ils seront une couleur spéciale d'or et seront dédicacés par aucun l'autre puis Tom il individu!!

thanks for the messages Alain, Robert, Neatstuff (didn't know you speak French), Volker and Spirou;

there are not so many robot collectors here in Belgium and France, on toyshows you always meet the same people, I'm probably to new to this passion;

but thanks to this I made some good friends (Jean Philippe from Paris, has a nice small appartment full of Robbies, Nicolas (Brussels), Moktar (Guy Antique Gallery in Tokyo, really good toy dealer, and on the toyshows there's always also Alain (Utopia Gallery Brussels, ask him and he'll find it), Armand Hui Bon Hoa ..., Yves , ..

finding robots on fleamarkets is probably impossible here, I think there were not so much Japanese toys imported directly after the war, ..you Americans must have been happily surprised finding such bots under the X-mas tree

Archived