Space Explorer horikawa dead arms

leotoys

hello guys,

i have a question....i saw on youtube that some space explorer horikawa including the mine are the arms like dead (not possible to place in a position) is something break down in mechanism or is not a problem ?

Welcome Newbie! I currently own several Horikawas and have had many in the past, but do not pretend to be an expert. Especially because if there was ever a maker who produced many, many, many variations of their robots it was Horikawa! I reached out to a friend who has owned many, and combined with my examples I've owned, I am of the opinion that there were two versions made. One with arms that swung when the robot walked and one with "fixed" arms that could still be positioned. I'm not aware of any that are locked in place.

Does anybody else out there have a better answer for this new member?

Attacking Martian- arms linked to the legs internally which can be seen when the doors are open

Rotate-o-matic spinning robot- tin arms- these can be tightened by opening the robot and crimping the insides of the arms or not opening the robot and using dental tape ( it works ) around the rotating part of the arm and using a 0.5 mm flat screwdriver to push it into the gap.

Plastic arms- there does not seem to be a way to tighten them.- use the dental tape method

Below is a pic of the Attacking Martian arm post-1784-0-42973400-1377377394_thumb.jp

When the non moving arm robots were new, they had tension in the shoulders and detents to keep the arms in place as you rotated

them around in a circle. after 50 years, the spring action of the shoulders, (the tension), failed and the arms are loose.

You may get by with placing a small rubberband in the crack where the arm meets the shoulder. It won't push the arm into the detent but

it may keep the arms up in the air.

thaks a lot for the tips but also this is the vintage taste of our little friends robot !!!

i will take it as is it ...... however nice for the age !!!

• Brian.. changed the title to Space Explorer horikawa dead arms

Archived