Keys: Wind Up Key?

Andyman

My friend just got an old tin shooting gallery from an estate sale. It's a bit rusty but he got it to work. It's missing the key to wind it up. Any idea where one would look to find a key? (I've offered to see if any of my robot keys might work but I'm not about to give him one.) Are keys of any standard sizes? He's not looking to restore it to it's original state, he just wants to have it in his hunting room.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Check to see if the key from a cheap repro of yours works with his toy. Figure out which fits, and then just have him buy one on his own -- Lilliput, Atomic Robot Man... I'm sure there are others with removable keys that cost under US$25.

Another option is to check Classic Tin Toys (www.classictintoy.com) -- they sell keys, I believe. They might have one that works.

Guest neatstuff

As far as I can figure there are only two different key sizes for most all the new tin repro toys that have been released over the last 6 or 8 years. One or the other should work just fine for the vintage toy.

If you pay shipping I will just give you one of each key, I have dozens of them kicking around here! figure about $1.00 for shipping I guess. Let me know....

Happy collecting,

Bill.

Andyman, look on Ebay in toy parts also. Sometimes people sells wind up keys there....usually the seller says to what kind of toy or brand belongs.

Private Message. Email through the board. Check the menu by "My Controls".

You should have gotten an email announcing that you have a private message at Alphadrome.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Brian.. changed the title to Keys: Wind Up Key?

Archived