Radio Robot

Campy Craig

I've been collecting space age transistor radios for awhile (the shiny cool small ones that fit into a shirt pocket) and I was wondering if anyone has ever seen a Radio Robot? A radio that could follow you around would be outstanding! I know they made rocketship crystal sets, they are all over ebay, someone is making repros too... I'm sure John at the RobotHut could make one maybe even with FM and a mini disc!

My little avatar to the left is the 1977 Star Command iR12 Mr. Starroid... It's not mobile, but its eyes do flash in time with the music. I see that the legs and feet are hollow... Maybe enough room for a couple of independent micro-motors and differentials, but it would be mighty tight work. The Mr. Starroid iM2 has a drive train in the feet, but he's not a radio... Just radio controlled.

Here's an Atomic Man Radio... Probably couldn't carry this around in your pocket.

Looks like we both got beat out for that Starroid on ebay Zesko! Drat!! ;)

I would have high-bid on that little Starroid, except that we're going to the flea market tomorrow... We may find one there for $5 or less.

I have a battery operated Robot that walks and is a working raidio. You can see its box (the robot is still in the box) on page 9 of the robothut collection the bottom storage shelf. It is called Robot HI FI System. You snap all these parts together that look like stereo equipment to make the robot but there is a working radio in it and a motor Drive pin walking system in the feet.

The DJ Johnny bot "the one that looks like the VENDO BOT" that came out 2 years ago is a large radio controled robot, you drive it around but it also has a built in Cassette deck and a Radio.

Archived