Italian space memorabilia

Alessandro

The first rocket on the Moon: "Il Vittorioso", magazine, 1953. Artist: Nevio Zeccara.

1953.jpg

Atomic revolver: trading card, 1950s. Artist unknown.

(Yes, it's my avatar! :biggrin: )

1950S.JPG

The space conquest: "La Domenica del Corriere", magazine, 1955. Artist: Rino Ferrari.

1955.jpg

Space toys for Christmas: "La Domenica del Corriere", magazine, 1957. Artist: Walter Molino.

1957.JPG

The Space corsair: "Gesebel", comic book, 1966. Artist: Luigi Corteggi.

1966.jpg

She likes long ray guns: "Helga", comic book, 1970. Artist: Enzo Magni.

1970.jpg

Welcome aboard, Alessandro! Thank You for sharing this great artwork on these rockets and space scenes. I almost never venture outside the robot forums here, but you make me wonder why I don't with those pics. :scratchhead: I read your first post and I think you really will enjoy your time here. :biggrin:

Thanks Ultrarobotman! If you like robot may be you can find something of interesting here but... please note that Italian robots are a little different... ha ha ha!!

1976.jpg

I love the artwork! Was there a robot on that Zordon cover? It looks like the space toys for Christmas are based on real space toys. The helmet is based on the Renwal space helmet and the space station looks like the nasa space station.

Love that Domenica Christmas scene. The little girl may be jealous but not reading Italian I would interpret it as the most one sided Christmas ever. :crying-and-sobbing: My granddaughter is the female version of that Christmas story. She gets enought toys for 6 kids.

Thanks Ultrarobotman! If you like robot may be you can find something of interesting here but... please note that Italian robots are a little different... ha ha ha!!

1976.jpg

Yes, and thank you, I definately find that interesting! If you have any more artwork, please feel free to share. :biggrin: I see you have a few posts now. Are you liking this site?

I have 3 Italian comics called Il Vittorioso. I bought these some years ago at a market held at my son's primary school in NSW. One has a space cover and the other two are more "what could happen in our near future". Two of them are dated 1956 and the other is 1954. Interestingly the first two covers have the artist's name on them - Zellara

post-1110-0-48966700-1374736334_thumb.jp

post-1110-0-37205700-1374736384_thumb.jp

post-1110-0-27213200-1374736407_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

And don't we all forget the italian comic "version" (i.e. blatant rip-off... :-) of the UFO TV series. Here are some of the most interesting covers...

Cheers

Ervino

BTW: form Edifumetto/Squalo, one of the most '60/'70 "notorious" Italian publisher of soft (and not SO soft sometimes... :-) "girls" (but not FOR girls!!! :-) low cost comics.

edifumetto-ufo-1974-ufo-1974-9-49990000090.jpg

x4r9jc.jpg

2425vzn.jpg

289xu6a.jpg

2aac8k0.jpg

676wed.jpg

Archived