SH Collection

larry seven

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert & Larry 7 - I watched that Engine Robot, saw you were both in there, then the 0 guy came along........ How can you be on ebay 3 years and never win anything?? I didn't have time to go through all the bid history, so he [the 0 guy] got this one. I wasn't going to bid against a possible shill. Be interesting to see if it comes back on. :unsure:

Yes Larry it was the guy who won't ship to Italy.

Rocket 2, could you please post a picture of your

3 Silver Video Robots ? I had no idea that there

was more than one silver version. I bet if we all took

inventory of what Horikawa robots we have, we

would find that there are even more variations.

Like I said before, "nobody has them all", but it's

fun to try... :P

🙂 I agree, mike van. Those Ebay names must be secondary buyer ID's for people who buy and sell. I would assume that all of the serious antique toy dealers have many registered names, so someone doesn't know that it's them bidding on an item, only to put it right back up next week at their site. They may even be other people buying for the main dealers operating on a commission. My local rock and roll record collector-dealer guru has several people buying for him. -Larry 7

Better late than never...

Here's my contribution to the family album !!

(I also have a Turn Signal Robot coming from sunny

Mexico, so he couldn't be here for the shoot, but

I'll post pics when he arrives...Hopefully soon !!)

post-2-1092792472.jpgsh3c.jpg

Here is my family of Horikawa's at this point. As stated before, this is my second time at robot collecting. Many of these robots have been obtained in the last six months, except for the red/yellow Super Giant. He and a blue zoomer are leftovers from my old collection. The Super giant is special because I ordered him October 30th, 1982 from FAO Christmas catalog the day my oldest son was born.

Bob

post-2-1092795031.jpgDsc01491.jpg

Here is a shot of the entire collection at this point. Again, super giant and the blue zoomer on the second shelf are the only left overs from my old collection

post-2-1092795207.jpgDsc01490.jpg

🙂 Great pictures, thanks everyone! I've seen a dozen SH's that I'd never known existed. Keep the pictures coming! One question: Was there a Rotating Horikawa with the doors with green round windows, or were they used only on the straight walking/ stop/ shoot/ walk robots? Now I believe that I had noticed in a museum photo that someone had a Mars Explorer type robot that was brown with the green windows on doors, but it would take me a few days to go back and look for it. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Thanks, -Larry 7

Laserman very nice display, "lots-O-bots".

I see you have a russian Lunahod, very cool toy !

Looking at these collection, I've seen a trend. Why

are there so many absolutely mint Fighting Spacemen ?

I know at least 10 collectors who have mint Fighting

Spacemen that appear to be unplayed with. I know

for a fact that this version with the switch on the back

was available in 1969. I have a great Christmas 1969

picture that a guy sent me a few years ago. Were they

remade recently ? Was there a warehouse find ? Was

this guy so scary, that kids didn't play with him ?

Do I smell a conspiracy... B)

CLICK HERE to see the Christmas 1969 picture

fightingman.jpg

Laserman - Great looking collection, thanks for the picture.

What's a "russian Lunahod"? Is that the piece to the left of the Russian "Pogots"?

great well- rounded collection laserman! Wow! One would not know that you hadn't been collecting for several decades by looking at your current crop!

Just out of curiosity, the Nomura Robot Tractor on the fourth shelf down - is that actually TAN? I have never seen that version. Is it a repaint, or did they actually do a color other than silver?

🙂 Great work Papatoad. Thans for hanging in there! Nice photo.

Rocket_2, that is what we wanted to see, some of the newer SH robots. Thank you. I like the one in the back with the wide head! Are they all C-cell robots?

Were Excavator Robots made in different colors? Speaking of Excavator, did you guys see how much an Excavator Robot in box is being bid up to on Ebay right now? That looks too wierd, 76 bids.

Do these robots all use the plastic drive gear that breaks? Where is there a source for that little gear these days? I used to buy a whole pack of motors with the gear on them from Radio Shack, but the last time I looked, they didn't stock any.

So many robots, so many questions! Thanks, -Larry 7

Do these robots all use the plastic drive gear that breaks?

Where is there a source for that little gear these days? I

used to buy a whole pack of motors with the gear on them

from Radio Shack, but the last time I looked, they didn't stock

any.

L7 -

See the below link to Tips & Tricks for a gear source... :)

Tips & Tricks

Archived