SH Collection

larry seven

I too am digging these "family photos", so I just couldn't resist putting together a shot of (most of) my Horikawas to proudly join in.

I've always been curious about SH Mike's collection - Any chance of seeing some of your collection Mike?

Lastly I have a two part question, the first part is for Rocket 2- What is the name of that remote control robot with two sets of guns in it's chest?

The second part is for anyone - How many other remote control Horikawa's are there?

Notice: I forgot the poor Video Robot and Sky Robots! This new picture now includes them.

post-2-1092715564.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

L7 – The gold Attacking Martian is a 60’s version and just seems to be a less common color than the silver or brown ones. As for the one with the tracks, its’ name is Space Commander and the tracks are litho. You can see one in action on John Riggs’ website.

FJW – The little one with the remote is Super Space Attacker. Here is an image of the side of the box. Notice that it smorks! I’m not sure of any others with the remote.

One thing I like about the Horikawas is that not only with the earlier robots, but even many of the later ones into the 1970’s still have great box artwork.

attacker.jpg

Rocket 2, I give up, you win... 😄

I was waiting for you to post some of these. I remembered

your great collection from the pictures you brought to Botstock.

Piston Head, Mr. Patrol, Space Commander and a Martian

headed Mr. Hustler all in one spot, WOW.

How long have you been collecting these guys ?

Did you get good deals or did you pay top dollar ?

I've been trying to get my mits on some of these for years.

The ones I've found have either been in bad shape or way

too expensive. The last Space Commander I tried to buy

with a $1000 bid was blown out of the water and topped

out at $1800 with no box.

Rocket 2, email me, I'd like to showcase some of

your bots on my site...

🙂 Fun pictures, everyone. I havent seen the one with the wide tin rectangular head yet. I forget its name, but Joe K. had a couple of them in the Museum, out by the front counter. I find that one to be elusive lately. I love the Smorker! It might always be known from this day foreward as 'the Smorker!' Silly. -Larry 7

On the topic of Horikawa, how did this Engine Robot

get away ? I figured it would go for about $250, so

I passed. In the end, some guy with no feedback picked

it up for $120. Oh, the pain, the pain... 😞

Was there something wrong with it, that I didn't notice ?

Ebay Item number: 5914346058

post-2-1092750424.jpgengine.jpg

:D I took four pictures and my wife posted them for me. God bless her patience and understanding. Could have done a better job posing them. Just a quickie pic. There is a Blikken Evil space robot in there. I consider him of Sh quality. Hope you like it.

I figured it would go for about $250, so

I passed. In the end, some guy with no feedback picked

it up for $128.

I had bid on that one and was also surprised at how cheap it went for. Unfortunately I forgot to follow up on it after my bid! I am still kicking myself!

🙂 Robotnut, is that the guy that won't send items to Italy anymore? If so, I think that I bid on that robot, but forgot to check it near the end of auction. It happens! -Larry 7

Archived