Piston action Pug Robby video

robothut

I had a rare original Piston action robot with the dual spinning antenna's on the work bench for a tune up so shot a short video of it in action. Its also the cool robins egg blue color and has the D cell remote.

http://youtu.be/5WPNQzDiT3E

The way they drive the dual spinning antennas is with a belt. By design "bad design" the belt rubs on the inside of the body head, this makes operation a little erratic, but maybe that just adds to the machine type action of the toy.

You'd have to be a robot hunter to bag one of these... :cheers:

Wonderful piece, this is the only workshop Alphadromers would want such a rare piece worked on, he's in the best hands.

You'd have to be a robot hunter to bag one of these... :cheers:

Wonderful piece, this is the only workshop Alphadromers would want such a rare piece worked on, he's in the best hands.

Yep. You got me. He was a pile of junk on eBay for just a few bucks. Practically just a shell with some bent legs. But I spotted that robin's egg blue color and remote and knew he was the rarest version of the Pug family and if not for having a resource like John I don't know that I would have gone after it. Soon as he arrived and I opened the box I knew I had guessed right about what he was. So I shipped him off along with another older pug to be harvested for body parts and the restoration process begun. The robot master came through once again and now I can proudly add this bad boy to the collection! Thanks again, John!

Archived