Sir Retro Rocketsby - 1968 NZ toy catalogue - space helmet and target

ANZinSpace

I received these images from a person who is interested in early NZ toys and advertising. They're from a 1968 New Zealand toy catalogue and were produced to sell Lincoln Toys. Lincoln Toys was a NZ company that first manufactured in New Zealand and then moved it's manufacturing to Hong Kong.

The helmet is a variation of the Renwal Space Scout Helmet and may be the advert for that variation that's been posted here that was pink and other strange colours. The space target game I'm also sure I've seen posted here before but with a different box.

post-1110-0-99612800-1370264233_thumb.jp

post-1110-0-42294100-1370264255_thumb.jp

I have a pink, red and yellow version of the space scout helmet. It does not have the words space scout on the wings on the visor of the helmet. The helmet in your picture does not have any writing on the wings so it could be the same one I have. It is also made from a soft plastic, unlike the renwal which is a hard plastic. I certainly agree with Bill on the target.

Looking at the target game some more, the gun appears to be the one that Lincoln toys used for the Batman Escape gun. Their is a slight difference the section at the back which would shoot "flying saucers" off. as it's missing the plunger to launch them. So they may have recycled the gun and left some of the workings out of it. You can see a version of this gun here

Archived