New Prototype Unearthed at Botstock X!

Action Robot

Ladies and gentlemen,

May we present a heretofore unseen, extremely rare prototype... The Atomic Alebot (with apologies to Andyman). This is what happens when grown robot lovers, alcohol, and trash collide...

Special thanks go to Robothunter and Altaira for tools and technical support, Robocopy and Action Robot for design and fabrication, and Andybot for looking exasperated as we so carelessly trod upon his domain...;)

post-1473-0-12984200-1369542716_thumb.jppost-1473-0-73045200-1369542733_thumb.jp

Cheers,

Dave

PS- Here's what he's looking like the morning after...they never did build these things to last...

post-1473-0-52614700-1369568478_thumb.jp

Action Robot, is there going to be a reserve price on that one ? I knew I should've stuck around later..the alcohol is kicking in here too..But then, wisdom kicks in- "Unca Joe" is smart not to give me a beer, especially an upside-down can, man, you guys drink fast ! oh, no- I see it looks better that way :biggrin::rolling::cheers:

Well Ultra, what with Robothunter thinking it was a Robbie variant due to the clear dome, and Doc Atomic seeing its prototypeness and slight resemblance to Yoda, I'm afraid you've already been priced out of the market :(...

Gotta move quickly with so many hardcore collectors afoot...

Cheers,

Dave

To give credit where credit is due...that was my "Blue Light" head and Morbius' bottle cap mouth that started it all. But after that train left the station there was no stopping the train wreck once Robocopy and Action Robot got on board. :biggrin:DSC_0036%20sm.jpg Dave (Action Robot) dose his dirty work as Brady (Tinplate) looks on.

Ah yes, I didn't think I was remembering it quite right...I blame the demon rum. My apologies, gentlemen...

"The Andyman, The Andyman can..." (And this time there was really a can!)

Cheers,

Dave

You'll be happy to know that "U-Had2-B-there" has apparently been donated to The Toy Robot Museum. I found him sitting on my gift shop display case this morning. My thanks to the committee for their donation.

You know, it's one thing to have a robot designed by committee. It's a completely different thing to have it designed by an inebriated committee.

Wow, I thought it was just the alcohol making things look blurry, but apparently it really was like that! Joe K., maybe the term you're looking for is "bar association"?

Cheers,

Dave

I was there, it was not pretty, it was not rehearsed it was however FUN!!!! and FUNNY!!!

it is or should be a botstock tradition from now on!

The Official Botstock Beer Bot Build-up.

As for the contestants within this competition & my official statement is:

"NO COMMENT"

My warmest regards,

MMM

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Being a newbie to Alphadrome, can anyone fill me in a little on "Botstock"?

I neverr even knew auch a gathering existed!

Thanks.

Joe K. and John Rigg have been wonderful hosts for Botstock over many years, I'm sure they'll weigh in on the details of this fantastic once-a-year gathering of members from around the globe.  A chance for all to meet face to face and put a person with an avatar, from bankers to artists, musicians and model and prop builders they're all here. 

*Altaira and I have attended many at Joe's location over the last dozen or so years, Botstock is like going to visit family...but better!:diggin:

Unfortunately so far we haven't had the opportunity to visit John Rigg's hostings.

Here's a pic from what I believe to be the largest ever in 2007 at Adamstown at 'The Blackhorse'.  

Look up Botstock on the search engine here or search the name online I'm sure you'll find something.

As for the pics you un-earthed, let's just say give us a little fusil oil, a late night in a pavilion overlooking country that will leave you breathless and the Alphadromers' thoughts of robot toys dancing in their heads....you'd have to have been there.  

I believe the above Atomic Ale Robot (1 of 1) is currently on display at The Robot Museum for all to see, many of us worked on this rare piece and had him built in record time including myself and daughter Alphadrome member *Altaira (3rd from right).  

Botstock everyone.jpg

Archived