Display Solutions

dratomic

Just a public service announcement for anyone who might be interested:

A lot of you are very good at manufacturing your own displays. I've had some luck here and there... but mostly, I rely on store-bought solutions. If you're in the same category, you might be interested in Collecting Warehouse (www.collectingwarehouse.com).

They have a wide selection of acrylic stands, risers, boxes, stairs, and shelves; small cabinets with doors in a variety of sizes and shapes; countertop displays; and even glass domes and bases. Lots of useful stuff. Prices are reasonable, though not always great. Still, sometimes it's worth it if you find the perfect solution.

Of course, it'll always be cheaper to make this stuff yourself, and most of it can be made with the right tools and supplies and skill. None of which I've got. Ha ha. :)

• 4 weeks later...

After seeing your post here Brian I happened to be at Michael's (craft store) and they were selling off some display cases...at 75% off. This crystal clear one (football case) was CHEEP like $15, originally bought for the Hillbilly Truck but was a little big so I moved the 'Psycho' bears into it, perfect fit! Well they're almost robots....Thanks for putting the bug in my head.

post-298-0-76075200-1368143479_thumb.jpg

Very cool, Morbius! And it reminds me that I've got to pick up a similar display box before Botstock...

Archived