A Couple more Junk Box Robots

Grandpa

Thanks John, yoda is one of my favorites so I had to show his re-run :)

Mark, no 3D Printer here, I used my laser cutter to cut them out of 1/16" acrylic and the arms are cut from 1/8" acrylic and laminated for the added thickness.

Mark, they are small, the TV Bot is 4 3/4" and the clockworks is 5 1/2". I've always prefered to build small models, it is more of a challenge to get detail for a smaller model. The X-Terminator I built that you have is one of the largest robots I have built and it is not all that big.

Gramps, how would you like to build a 100 yr old robot ? I have some 100 yr old American Chestnut in the shop. It's 3" thick 18" wide and 10 ft long. I could cut off a small chunk and send it to you. It's beautiful wood and rot resistant ! :biggrin:

Gramps, how would you like to build a 100 yr old robot ? I have some 100 yr old American Chestnut in the shop. It's 3" thick 18" wide and 10 ft long. I could cut off a small chunk and send it to you. It's beautiful wood and rot resistant ! :biggrin:

Mark, are you suggesting that my wood is rotten? LOL. Thanks for the offer, but I actually have some Chestnut but it's probably not 100 years old.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived