Gernot's Flying Saucer And Spacetoy Collection

SiamSam

Hi there Gernot(and crew) - I loved the image of your collection posted in the "age of alphadromers" thread. Would it be possible for you to post more images of the flying saucers and space toys hanging on your wall? There were some wonderful looking toys in that image. Several I have owned and some not. What method have you used to mount those spaceships on the wall ?

Hello Siam Siam,

sorry for the late answer, I dont read this board every day.

Off course I can show some more pictures, but.... I moved to another house 2 years ago and the wall of saucers is gone, which means that most of the saucers are separated to other places of my new house, and ,believe it or not, some are still unpacked in boxes.

It should be time to unpack them and put them back to a wall.

O.K. it is rather simple to hang a saucer to the wall.

Just put a long enough nail or straight hook into the wall.

Then you have to look for a hole in the bottom of the toy and hang it onto the nail/hook.

The nail shoud be real fix not loose (or the whole thing will fall off).

You need a little practice to find the best hole you can use, it should be not to close to the center of gravity otherwise it wioll not hang stable.

It doesnt harm the toy at all, if you work smooth.

Here is on more picture of the (former) saucer-wall. At the beginning I lined them up just like a line of flying saucers but then others were added to this line.

What kind of space toys do you like most of would you like to own (I know its a difficult question)?

Is there any space toy/saucer you like to see more detailled (or the box) from this picture (or others)?

Greetings from Germany to the Robot world.

Wallof_saucers.jpg

post-2-1091655887.jpg

Very cool! I love that large saucer in the top right of the pic. I know it's been mentioned before, but I can't remember it's name... The one with the center body and the two outer fins...

You know, since you're offering more pics, Gernot... I wouldn't mind seeing a close-up of your Robot 5. It's the pink-shaded one, correct? I've only seen some pretty bad pictures of that variation in books, I wouldn't mind taking a look at one clear one.

The Robot 5 is possibly my favorite robot of them all -- if not, it's at least in the top 3. There's just something sublime in its simplicity of design -- only a couple colors, blocky litho... but the subtle shading in along the lithoed plates look fantastic. I don't know -- that's just one toy that gets it right.

Anyway, if you happen to have a shot of it lying around, I'd love to see it. If not, no worries.

Thanks.

Gernot-Just fantastic!!!!

Dratomic-the saucer you are referring to is called Space Giant. There is also a white version. See Griffith plate# 328

Hi Gernot, seeing people are putting in requests! I don't know if you saw a while ago I asked to see some pictures of your Zoomers. If you had any it would be great to see them close up. I always look at that picture you posted a while ago with a line up of your primitives - I love that pic! Mmmm, dreamy... :lol:

Dr.Atomic-your wish is my command ....

Please enjoy the most pretty naive looking Toy-Robot ever (at least in my house).

After all these years, its the one I still love the most. I didnt know of its existence (in this color) when I bought it at a small toy show in Germany from a dealer from the Netherlands.

I had seen before only the Robot 5 in Grey/Black color in the famous collection of Pit Kuhl, whose Robot 5 has been pictured in the first Robot book from Boogaerts.

(This grey Robot 5 now is in Switzerland, to my knowledge)

I remember that there was also a Thunder Robot at this show and I had to make a decision which Robot to take.

But the decision was easy, this Robot 5 caught my eye and my heart at the same time. I took it in my hand and even dealed for a better price. I was so lucky that I had enough money with me at this show. Compared to nowadays value it was a reasonable price.

Still a lot of money for a student, but it was worth earning it for this piece.

Its almost 15 years ago, but the story how I got it is still in my head.

It was not so easy for me to let the Thunder Robot go, because it was the first time I had seen one for sale at a toy show.

And I had to wait some more years to get one....but this is another story.

Gernot-

I hope you realize how much your stories are enjoyed here, thank you for them. As long as you are offering close up shots, I would like to see a close up of this saucer- Thanks!

post-2-1091668596.gif

Thanks a lot Gernot, for both the pic and the story. What a choice -- two robots you love and hadn't seen for sale before... Still, I agree... The Robot 5 was definitely the way to go!

What a beautiful beautiful robot....Definetely my favorite.

I guess the only chance to have one is if they ever make a repro (but one of the good ones). :D

Amazing robot Gernot. I think you made the right choice at the time in terms of rarity. You really have some great stories. Man, I would love to sit around the campfire with you and hear about the last twenty years!

Hi there Gernot - Out of the saucers pictured on your wall I have or have at some time had the Horrikawa New Space Station MIB, Cragstan X107, the orange and green non cragstan versions of the X107, Planet Y MIB, The Modern Toys Super Space Giant, Space Patrol X 17 MIB, Space Surveilant, Yoshiya Sky Patrol as well as the verion with revolving gears and the non-smoking red version. I'm currently rebuilding my space toy collection. I would love to see images of the funny looking oval shaped yellow guy near the upper right of the pic. Also the light blue saucer directly below the yellow guy. Lastly the littel red saucer(Marubishi?) positioned above the white yoshiya sky patrol.

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!

With all these requests for pictures, this is why we need Robert's online reference library! :)

Yea,

I am hoping I can impose on Gernot to provide decent pictures of some of his pieces for the Archive. His collection would prove invaluable when it comes to providing information and images of some of the more unique pieces we hope to document.

Okay...I've been sucked into collecting tin robots. Now you guys want to taunt me with tin flying saucers! You're killing me! You're all killing me! 😉

Nice collection Gernot!

Archived