My Collection

dieselbot

I have been lurking for a while on this site and decided to make some posts. I have been into antique toys for the past 30 years or so. I was mostly into toy cars and trucks. Once in a while I would stumble across a space toy but didn't take much notice. A broken Hap Hazard or something like that. Two or three years ago, I was at an antique show where a antique dealer had an entire tin robot collection for sale at his table. I was impressed by the design of the early robots and was disappointed that I hadn't taken notice of these toys before. (All those years wasted staring at Tonka trucks.) Here is my humble collection from the past 2 or 3 years. Most of these were found out in the field picking, that is why some are missing some parts. Chief Smoky is the only reproduction. I have some flying saucers too that I will post later. Thanks for lookingpost-1597-0-38868100-1363998596_thumb.jp.

Very impressive dieselbot!! For a few years of collecting it's a fantastic collection of earlier tin toys. Finding this stuff in the 'field' is more difficult than 30 years ago but worth the hunt.

Welcome to Alphadrome. :biggrin:

Boxes are a collectible unto themselves, so much work put into them only to have most discarded on Xmas morning and the contents soon afterward. :crying-and-sobbing:

Archived