Takatoku Space Guns

Brian..

Here's a page from a 1960s Takatoku (T.T.) catalog. Regrettably I can't get an exact date. It's allowed me to put a maker to a couple of those guns that have no maker's logo on the box. I'm still left with a couple of guns for which I've no picture

Sparking Silver Ray Gun - an angular pistol that looks familiar - sold in a box of a dozen, so no individual box

Sparking Space Gun - similar to the Universe Gun but it has three horizontal spark windows. Again, sold in a trade box.

I found an Ebay auction which appears to have the Sparking Silver Ray Gun or at least a variant. It comes with the following description:

This is a space ray gun litho tin toy that is one of space gun collection. Vintage space ray gun toy Automatic pistol from Japan's 60's. The fascinating kind of space it is sound and sparks a red plastic box. Makes us feel like we were really holding space gun. It's a working with excellent condition. This space gun is 10" long and have friction trigger.

post-1110-0-97345100-1363270291_thumb.jp

post-1110-0-90145400-1363270304_thumb.jp

• 7 years later...