YONE 2134 robot

Ultrarobotman

Hi everyone on the 'Drome. While having some of our 'bots out for our weekly "robot day" as we call it, I realized I cannot recall a box or more importantly, a NAME for this1970's treasure. I have tried the search feature on this site and have found about the same question asked, with no real answer. This being approx. 4 yrs later, I am re-asking , Does anyone know ,first and foremost, the name of this small wind-up and secondly, did it come with a box, or ,more unlikely due to size, a card? An excellent robot it is, BTW,I will follow with two pics of a "new" one I have and my own original can be seen on my "personal collections" forum. At the moment, I cannot think of another robot in my collection with this question, so, any input would be greatly appreciated. special attention; Joe K.- you are always great at this type of thing-who is this YONE ??? :scratchhead: as all the YONE's that I know of have a number, this one is 2134.I have not yet "googled" it yet, I wanted to try here "at home" first. Many thanks. :cheers:post-1682-0-07941600-1362965343_thumb.jppost-1682-0-08233900-1362965456_thumb.jp :biggrin:

Thank You very much, SH MIKE. I am sorry ,- I never did see it on in the database ; I thought for sure I had viewed all of the 'bots there; We watch it often but it is always set on "slide show" and apparently I miss some ,as can be expected. I am actually thriled to see what you have gone through and I really do appreciate it very much.This is the very first time that I can recall seeing this robot and box posted. Nonetheless You have answered my question perfectly.Many thanks to you,SH MIKE. :cheers:

• 6 years later...

I received a Yone 2134 type robot with a ES/KBB mark on it. There is no visible difference with the Yone. I wonder where they were made.

772746970_IMG_3653(2).JPG.7ab77573440b16ff94bcdd194a5f08b6.JPG

959636391_IMG_3654(2).JPG.96881471a21287eb31d95ec55c27f4c0.JPG

1550175231_IMG_3639(2).JPG.6c87c904fd38145433bce27a7a465085.JPG

Never heard of "ES/KBB" and also can not find any hint in my tin toy library.

But a search on Google for " KBB robot" brings up a toy robot company from Singapore named Ku Bian Bao.

Is it thinkable that Yone sold the moulds from Japan to Singapore??? And what does "ES" mean??

transformees_kbb_kubianbao_deformation__black_tank_megatron kbb.jpg

1-800x800.JPG

Would be so interesting to find out. They do look exactly identical. I re-checked my 11 walkers, not that I should have to, but they are all Yone. And, being so very common on eBay, they are almost always described as Yone and with # 2134. I have never seen a description of es/kbb, and I have looked at tons of these. Very strange. Want to sell it so I have an even dozen? Could someone have removed original markings and paint and re-painted then lithoed those letters? If so it blends in well.

I think it is legit. I bought 3 robots from the same seller, one was a yone and two were ES/KBB (whose marking is exactly the same). The database says  "later produced by other companies" and we know that the walking explorer robot  versions or the Captain robot have been produced in Korea or hong kong. Other toys under Yone brand were produced in Singapore (the ray robot for instance)  so as Blechroboter suggests it could be from that  Ku Bian Bao company.

Well, very interesting. Thank you for the cool info. But now I need to know if the inner workings match the perfect match of the outside. Do they work well?

I've spotted a slight difference between them: The gear box appears chromed on the ES/KBB (left) whereas they are not on the Yone robots (right).

1961572804_IMG_3714(2).JPG.78af8a7053675c6a4871c083ef646f8f.JPG

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2019 at 4:33 PM, 6Stelab9 said:

I think it is legit. I bought 3 robots from the same seller, one was a yone and two were ES/KBB (whose marking is exactly the same). The database says  "later produced by other companies" and we know that the walking explorer robot  versions or the Captain robot have been produced in Korea or hong kong. Other toys under Yone brand were produced in Singapore (the ray robot for instance)  so as Blechroboter suggests it could be from that  Ku Bian Bao company.

I picked up this Captain Robot variant. Made in Greece evidently. Plastic body. Slightly shorter than Yone version.

52087BA9-96AE-41D0-957F-19F634CF8CC8.jpeg