Spaceman Pinback

Tinman

Recently I picked up this spaceman pinback in the Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon style although I know nothing of it's origin. It's 2 inches wide, made of solid metal, and marked "Made in USA ." Heck, nothing is made in the USA anymore so it must be old!!! Has anyone seen one like it in their travels, of all the time I spend searching ebay this is the first one I've seen?

Auction pic:

post-329-0-00304900-1361910988_thumb.jpg

Looking at the design, particularly the helmet and the flash behind the head, I would have said it's one of the Buck Rogers Solar Scout badges.

Bill, a good friend was able to identify it for you.... ;o)

They are called BLUE Q Pinbacks ...metal badges form the late 80's and early 90's

They also made a robot, ray gun and rocket pin......Yours is the hardes to find.

One is on ebay right now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Blue-Q-Boston-Made-in-the-USA-Spaceship-Pin-RARE-In-Excellent-Condition-/230933883493?pt=Vintage_Costume_Jewelry&hash=item35c4bb6a65

Nice pickup....regards Mark/nasa

Thanks nasa! My pin isn't marked with the "Blue Q, Boston" but the "Made in USA" is in the same font style, which made me believe it wasn't a vintage piece. The pin/clasp mechanism at the rear of my example is the same.

Archived