Attacking Martian L.e.d. upgrade

Ultrarobotman

I have just completed an upgrade in lighting to my martian, after long deliberation on whether to modify a beautiful vintage piece or not. See which won! The gun lights were not working so I made them brighter and gave him lighted eyes and also decided to go with the "martian theme" and keep the green door lights lit while the chest doors are closed. Here is the unassuming victim-post-1682-0-51980600-1361069412_thumb.jp ----

I was first going to put green l.e.d.s in for the eyes but they were not nearly bright enough when I tried them; without a full knowledge of the brightness, voltage, angle, and other factors, ( of which I have none, other than learned), it is pure trial and error, and I settled on white for the eyes., but I like them very much. :cheers:

Thank you all very much for the nice replies. And yes, KIlroy , Consider the l.e.d.'s when the project does come up, do some research first, which I did not, the "angle" of the l.e.d.s and variety (flashing,colors,even ultraviolet) is tricky. Even the voltage. However, the gun lights that I have really blaze away and beam across the room as he walks at night and should never really burn out. :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived