Smoke: modern smoking device/generator replacement

Ultrarobotman

:scratchhead: Does anyone know where I can purchase a NEW smoke generator like the one in the attached photo? it comes from a recent Metal House "Meter Robot". I have finished troubleshooting the unit and would just appreciate if anyone knows where I can get an exact replacement. I have used the "search" feature of the 'Drome, but nothing I found helped. I believe I have become fairly educated with the operation of these units, but do not know where to get one easily ( I probably would consider it too difficult to try to go through what is left of Metal House). Thanks TONS to anyone who can help...My last resort will be to retrfit a different bellows-type device.

post-1682-0-05230000-1359852527_thumb.jp

What happened to your Smoker. Is there power going into it but no smoke. Mine is still working great. You could try and contact Jay and see if he could help. :biggrin:

Well, Roboto, it stopped smoking instantly, after installing brand-new alkalines, indicating to me the resistor just burned out ? I do have power at the unit, measuring over 3 volts, continuity through the unit,(because of the fluid??) , the bellows worked properly, along with a proper amount of fluid in the unit. No kinks or blockages in the hoses either when they were attached, I could also feel air puffing out on my wet skin. The only thing I did not measure was the ohms ; I would not know what the correct red should be anyway. I did operate this guy a lot, though, it really was fun with tons of smoke. Perhaps I will need to see if Jay can send me a new unit. Strangely, just today I have repaired my new and hardly-used red "new video robot" this guy stopped smoking too, but works fine now- a sliding mechanism in the bellows housing was stuck, althogh the crank was turning fine. Lubed mating surfaces with a teflon-oil and it started smoking right away!

When mine arrived it was making a strange noise so I took the front off and greased the shaft and gears and it took off . Seems MH forgot to add extra oil/grease to the inners with this model. :biggrin:

Yes, Roboto, it was a nice surprise to see that on the piece of metal they used. You can just make out part of " Tin Age " and "artifacts" on this other photo.post-1682-0-14064400-1360189303_thumb.jppost-1682-0-09217600-1360189356_thumb.jp

• Brian.. changed the title to Smoke: modern smoking device/generator replacement

Archived