Robot Build Off

Grandpa

Action Robot,

It was included in the original Dollar store build. Maybe we should just drop the Dollar store and call it the "Junk Box and Hardware store Build Off" :thumbs:

Besides I can get around easier on my mobility scooter at Home Depot or Lowes than I can at our local Dollar store with it's narrow isles. I think I'll start building today, if nothing else I'll have a new robot :biggrin:

You just described my Andybots. ;)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You just described my Andybots. ;)

HAHAHA, actually your latest builds got my juices runnung again! I've always like working with wood. Amoeblablok R2 D2 steampunk started me on my first wood robot, I built several Boiler Plate wood planked robots.

When Action Robot mentioned using his junkbox on the build it sounded like the perfect time to use wood again. So I spent a few hours in the shop today and here is the start.

post-242-0-95652000-1360023644_thumb.jpg

HAHAHA, actually your latest builds got my juices runnung again! I've always like working with wood. Amoeblablok R2 D2 steampunk started me on my first wood robot, I built several Boiler Plate wood planked robots.

When Action Robot mentioned using his junkbox on the build it sounded like the perfect time to use wood again. So I spent a few hours in the shop today and here is the start.

You gave me inspiration with the watch parts there. Consider that idea stolen.

You gave me inspiration with the watch parts there. Consider that idea stolen.

LOL, I have a big bag full of them if you need any. Also the button batteries adds some as well.

Hey guys, sounds like a fun build. I'm in the middle of a couple of projects right now, but I'm sure the wifey won't mind if I take Valentines Day off to start another! ;-) Nice knowing ya!

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...

grandpa, I do worry a bit about the little button batterys in the last two bots. I have kept old button batterys laying around the shop for years now and all most all of them do start to leak "the white powdery stuff around the seals" it just seems to be a matter of time. But no matter, I still am digging your new creations!

grandpa, I do worry a bit about the little button batterys in the last two bots. I have kept old button batterys laying around the shop for years now and all most all of them do start to leak "the white powdery stuff around the seals" it just seems to be a matter of time. But no matter, I still am digging your new creations!

John, That was also a concern of mine. I'm using the newer Zinc Air Battery for hearing aids that don't have the leaking problem of the mercury or alkaline button cells. I'm really enjoying these little robots, the days of building my earlier type of robots are over. I can't take the smells of the solvents, fillers, paint and sealers I used to use.

Whilst we're baring our wood, Grampa...I present "The Colonel"...

Colonel%201%20sm.jpg

Colonel%204%20sm.jpg

...and "Tonk" for your viewing pleasure.

Tonk%202%20sm.jpg

Tonk%205%20sm.jpg

Those are great looking Andy!

Archived