New space explorer Horikawa Problems

sondino

Hello,

I bought a "new space explorer". Unfortunately the lock and unlock-function of the front-door doesn’t work correctly. The door opens correctly; the closing doesn’t work.

Maybe a part is missing, perhaps a spring, which pulls back the door. However I believe that I have to adjust the “tin-nose”, which presses out the door.

Here are some photos.

Perhaps some of you own a “new space explorer” too an could throw a glimpse on it.

Please help; I am alsmost despaired.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Greetings

Sondino

post-1459-0-40540100-1355931539.jpg

post-1459-0-20797500-1355931798.jpg

post-1459-0-82172700-1355931843.jpg

post-1459-0-61683500-1355931944.jpg

I don't have one, but I know it has a spring mechanism.

I just found these pics on the net.

Hopefully you see the spring (in the middle - just under his tv)

Hope this helps

post-1482-0-27019700-1355950755.jpg

post-1482-0-01558000-1355950762.jpg

Thanks a lot, thx1138!

I also searched via internet. I did not find such pics.

Now I have to get a spring to solve my problem.

Greetings

Sondino

Hello Sondino - welcome aboard!

Looks like an easy fix. One spring inside the door is missing, that is responsible to pull back the door...

Take care and kind Regards, Dirk

post-11-0-20176100-1355964852.jpg

Hello, sondino. I had to replace the spring on mine also, It was a while ago but I believe I used a spring from an older-style writing pen, the kind with the push button on the end. I carefully formed my own hook ends with needle-nose pliers. A word of caution if you do this, though- be careful in creating the correct tension for the door to close just right. Too short of a spring is far too stressful for the somewhat brittle plastic parts! :cheers:

Thanx for your posts, Dirk and Ultrarobotman.

@Ultrarobotman: I could buy a spring, which has the right hook-ends. I just need the measures needed. What do you think?: 2 cm or 3 cm (in relaxed state).

post-1459-0-04964500-1356075959.jpg

Hey folks,

I solved the problem. thank you Ultrarobtman: your advice was worth a mind! The pencil-spring does it job now. :-)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Merry x-mas and a happy New Year!

Greetings Sondino

Hallo Alexander,

du musst einen alten gutsortierten Werkzeugladen/ Eisenwarenladen finden. Wichtig - es gibt DRUCKFEDERN ( ...z.B. Kugelschreiber), welche nach dem ausgeübten Druck wieder in die normale Position zurückschnellen. Du benötigst aber eine ZUGFEDER. (die auf dem Foto scheint korrekt zu sein...) Wenn du möglichst kleine davon finden kannst, dann kauf gleich ein paar mehr. Ich habe hier lange suchen müssen. Der Durchmesser ist ähnlich wie der der anderen Federn - die Länge ist zunächst nicht so wichtig; die Federn kann man leicht einkürzen.

Viele Grüße, Dirk aus Münster

Sorry I had to tell in german ....here a google quick shot tranlation:

Hello Alexander, you have to find an old well-stocked hardware store / hardware store. Important - there is SPRINGS (... such as a pen), which returns quickly after the pressure applied to the normal position. You need but ZUGFEDER. (which appears to be correct in the photo ...) If you can find them as small as possible, then buy a few more equal. I have to look far. The diameter is similar to that of the other springs - the length is not so important at first, the springs can be easily Shorten. Best regards, Dirk from Münster

...oh dear ...thats google english?? :breakit:

• Brian.. changed the title to New space explorer Horikawa Problems

Archived