New studio, new Andybots, new direction...

Andyman

I finally got my home studio back in order since our flood back in May. Actually it's all new but I'll show pics of that later. Right now I's gots some new Andybots to show off. I've been thinking about incorporating the organic use of wood in my robots for sometime now. Technically, I've always used wood to some degree but never blatantly exposed. I really like the look of metal parts on stained wood. They look vintage. They also serendipitously look quite steam punk. Whatever we call it...me likes! It should be fun seeing where this will take me.

I give you Paulie.

Paulie%201%20sm.jpg

Paulie%203%20sm.jpg

Lenny.

Lenny%201%20sm.jpg

Lenny%203%20sm.jpg

And finally Crank.

Crank%201%20sm.jpg

Crank%203%20sm.jpg

Oh and no worries...I'm still building old style too. Here's Radiohead.

Radiohead%201%20sm.jpg

Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Nice to see you back at work again. I like the use of the radio antennas for arms on radiohead. The gears separating Cranks upper and lower body sections is a really nice effect. Keep them coming!

I likey! Great direction. Can't beat that classic combo Andy. Love the face of Lenny. Glad your back at it- and sportin' wood! -Steve

• 2 weeks later...

As always, I am amazed by your skills, Andy...those are some fabulous bots! I am always impressed by your ability to take disparate random objects and combine them into such well-integrated pieces. I love the look of the wood...I've been playing around with some "folk art" style robots using a mix of wood and metal, but nothing as elegant and sophisticated as these(of course, part of the folk art vibe is a certain primitive crudeness). I'm happy to hear that you're back in action and excited to see what comes next!

They look great Andy!!! Reminds me of a set of 6 robots I made for a customer out of wood, laser cut acrylic and machined aluminum. Your feet look identical to the wood molding I used :thumbs: Keep up the good work and let's see your shop.

Archived